Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 14 Jun 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just priced up a 2 bed 2 bathroom cottage in the lake district. Can accommodate 6 with a sofa bed in the lounge. Looks beautiful. Most expensive week of the year just under £1000. We often stay in a stunning 2 bed cottage in Derbyshire near family. It's in a converted coach house with 2 other holiday cottages, never paid more than £650 for a week. Most expensive one we have booked was 4 bed 3 bathroom cedar hot tub swedish style bbq hut overlooking the sea in Cornwall. It was £1600 in August.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Mmm we don't find it expensive, we've been going to the same cottage in Lower Largo in Scotland for years (whilst saving for our next trip to Florida) and yes the prices have increased year on year & this year for a week for 4 it's £650, the cottage wall is the sea wall and we go to sleep every night to the sound of the waves We're hopeful that our 2 week holiday this year can still go ahead
I don't get the *no way would I holiday in the UK!* Alright the weather is a bit hit and miss (like it is in Florida lol!) but we make the most of it, there's lots of places to drive out to, plenty of castles/homes to visit if the weather is really bad, Edinburgh isn't far, there's also plenty of cheap places to eat out and me & my Mum do some of the Fife coastal walks with spectacular views & we see seals and have even seen dolphins
Ninja is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Mmm we don't find it expensive, we've been going to the same cottage in Lower Largo in Scotland for years (whilst saving for our next trip to Florida) and yes the prices have increased year on year & this year for a week for 4 it's £650, the cottage wall is the sea wall and we go to sleep every night to the sound of the waves We're hopeful that our 2 week holiday this year can still go ahead
I don't get the *no way would I holiday in the UK!* Alright the weather is a bit hit and miss (like it is in Florida lol!) but we make the most of it, there's lots of places to drive out to, plenty of castles/homes to visit if the weather is really bad, Edinburgh isn't far, there's also plenty of cheap places to eat out and me & my Mum do some of the Fife coastal walks with spectacular views & we see seals and have even seen dolphins
I think its just easier to make the most of it when its still 90* and raining that 10* and raining

We go away quite a lot in the UK - my sister is in Cornwall and we love weekends in London but I just think you get more bang for your buck in the summer abroad.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For us, it wasn’t simply the UK accommodation prices but the eating out prices. Not so bad when just 2 of you, but with a family- it became really expensive.
The key factor is for us though, the weather.
We will be holidaying in the UK this year, and we hope to be able to travel next year to the US 🤞🇺🇸
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Yesterday I started looking for villas in Greece for next year and they are coming up between two and three thousand a week , most of them just basic but of course they have a pool . I found myself wishing they were as cheap as UK prices for a week in August! I would still have to add the flights to that too, am thinking my son's idea of ten days in Florida with no parks will work out the same price.
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Sounds a perfect holiday!
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We stay at Premier Inn hotels when we go to Liverpool for the football. My adult son prefers the beds there to some of the more expensive hotels. He likes their chicken burger and chips too.

Maybe we should look into staying somewhere near the beach and booking a few Premier Inn rooms.
The Premier Inn at Weymouth is right on the sea front. I'm eyeing it up myself for a mini break, if only so I can get a Portland Dough Cake.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
The Premier Inn at Weymouth is right on the sea front. I'm eyeing it up myself for a mini break, if only so I can get a Portland Dough Cake.
We often stay at Haven Littlesea Weymouth, love it. Have missed out on Portland Dough Cake, a description so we can purchase some please
TIA
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We often stay at Haven Littlesea Weymouth, love it. Have missed out on Portland Dough Cake, a description so we can purchase some please
TIA
It's a fruit cake, sort of crusty outside and soft in the middle. They sell it in the bakers in Portland, the bit where the street is higher than the road. Or they did, it's a few years since we were there, last time we went my sister and I found our grandmother's childhood home, recognised it from photos. Our family moved to Weymouth from the island but I have many happy memories of visits there. Plus I want to visit Paul Liggings Art Gallery on Weymouth Quay.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
TIA
We like Waterside at Weymouth.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List