Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

24th oct for us, hopefully covid has calmed quite abit by then & its safer for us all, but we just never know & its really impacted on the best bit, the planning! Xx
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

17th for us. 2 nights Miami, 2 nights Hard rock hotel and 10 nights in a villa. We decided not to pay the balance on the Disney tickets last week, so will be Universal for us, possibly adding Seaworld at a later date. We are a party of 9, with some of the group unsure if to go. Our balance payment for the flydrive is 13 July, so will have to decide soon.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are 3rd October, 7 of us, only got Universal tickets also. Think a lot of us have had the same idea! Everyone is desperate for a break (4 key workers in the group) so would be happy just to get to the villa at this rate!
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

19th Oct for 2 weeks. I was 100% positive and excited last week , but now our Halloween party has been cancelled and florida cases are through the roof.

I know its 4months away and as a previous poster said look where we all were only 3 mts ago. I just hope the borders dont remain closed until the end of the year, there is absolutely no indication or sign of them opening back up which worries me. I dont mind masks and a different experience as i still think it will be the same next year.

I tried moving the flights to April but AA told me my tickets expire on jan 7th so unless their policies change for expiry dates on tickets we have to plan ahead for Oct... worst case all we can do is push it to 5th jan. Never thought i would ever think about going on a Florida in Jan!

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are booked for 14th oct but seriously thinking of putting off til oct 2021 and maybe just going to Spain for a week 🤷
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

27th October for two weeks flying from manchester staying at Bahama Bay Resort
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

13th October for us. It was supposed to be a holiday of a lifetime for us, our 9yr old son has never been and we were going on a Disney cruise at the end of our 2.5 weeks in a villa.

I really don’t think it will be the same and I can’t get even slightly excited about it now. I just want to cancel it all.
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

As a 1st time trip i dont think it will be what you expect at all. we have been a few times and it will be the 2nd visit for my 4 and 6yr old but they are still expecting to meet all the princesses and see the parades which wont happen. I keep saying to myself hold off but i think we are just putting off the inevitable. Its way too much money for a half experience, and i agree with you the excitement now has been drowned out with stress and fustration.

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Herbiefish
Proud to wear my Ears

We're booked into AKL for October and I've just seen that's one of the resorts that has no date yet for opening!
Herbiefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

How did people get on with selecting the parks today?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List