Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dBoardy View Post
We are due to fly on 24th October. Our balance is due to be paid on the 1st August. We can not get through to Virgin Holidays to discuss any options we may have (phone and Whatsapp). At the moment we stand to lose our £750 deposit as I can not justify paying the balance to then spend the next several months waiting for it to be cancelled before having to then chase Virgin for a refund.

Anyone travelling before 1st October at least have some options available to them. Just doesn't seem fair that these options have been in place since the beginning of May and have not been extended to cover holidays beyond this period.

Is anyone else due to pay their balance with Virgin? Or has anyone else managed to get anywhere i.e. had payments deferred or rearranged travel etc. If so, how did you manage to get a response?
We were due to fly the same weekend, however booked direct with Virgin Atlantic (not VH). Was able to get through via Whatsapp and take a voucher option very easily. Do VH have a Whatsapp contact?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to fly on 24th October. Our balance is due to be paid on the 1st August. We can not get through to Virgin Holidays to discuss any options we may have (phone and Whatsapp). At the moment we stand to lose our £750 deposit as I can not justify paying the balance to then spend the next several months waiting for it to be cancelled before having to then chase Virgin for a refund.

Anyone travelling before 1st October at least have some options available to them. Just doesn't seem fair that these options have been in place since the beginning of May and have not been extended to cover holidays beyond this period.

Is anyone else due to pay their balance with Virgin? Or has anyone else managed to get anywhere i.e. had payments deferred or rearranged travel etc. If so, how did you manage to get a response?
I called Virgin Holidays on Friday they wouldn’t put my payment back which is due 4/8 my daughters is for some reason due 1/8 we both fly 25/10 we were hoping from them to cancel our flights before money is due, so we are holding out til day before the. Will wait in a queue of maybe 20 people ( like I did last week! Only to get cut off at no 8th, so called again & waited from no 18 in the queue) think altogether was in the queue for 1&1/2 hours but did manage to speak to someone, I have the opportunity of either cancelling & loose my £700! Or waiting it out to see if fly out or not, to see if it gets cancelled then get our deposit back, or was also offered a open ticket! I also wasn’t happy has I live 5 minute walk from Gatwick my flight changed to heathrow, which is going to cost us all more money, but they would lay on a coach from Gatwick to heathrow to be fair they should! So calling you will eventually get through but probably a long wait, I’ve got to do it all again in a few days if the flight isn’t cancelled! As we are not willing to go in a Oct due to the virus, no fireworks, no parades no hugging mickey! Not my idea of fun , not the holiday I booked & also the fact we have to wear masks, I can’t wait to get it off when I come out of tescos for about an hour let along wearing it all day in the parks & in the heat, so even though we would love to go in Oct ( we booked beginning may 2019) so planned for quite a while! But it just won’t be the fun holiday of a lifetime we originally booked sadly xx

Edited at 11:33 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

We were due to travel 11th Oct with VH but contacted them via WhatsApp 2 weeks before the balance was due and they let us move our holiday to April 2021, moved the deposit across to the new holiday and we have a new balance due date in January. We sent a screenshot of exactly what we wanted to change to with the price shown online and they sorted it quickly and easily.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dBoardy
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to hear some somewhat positive outcomes. I've tried the Whatsapp route and never had any response but will try again with the phone and see if we have any better luck.

Dave
dBoardy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

I was travelling at the end of October with VH.I sent Them a WhatsApp last week and moved to April 21 with no issues. They even managed to get me a premium flight which wasn’t showing on their website.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

See my post #338 earlier: WhatsApp request to change worked for us too, changed to December 2021, no admin charge just paying the extra which I expected as we had got a fab deal for the October hols this year
🤞🏼🤞🏼 we all get to go 😀🌞
flo-tinka is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dBoardy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
I called Virgin Holidays on Friday they wouldn’t put my payment back which is due 4/8 my daughters is for some reason due 1/8 we both fly 25/10 we were hoping from them to cancel our flights before money is due, so we are holding out til day before the. Will wait in a queue of maybe 20 people ( like I did last week! Only to get cut off at no 8th, so called again & waited from no 18 in the queue) think altogether was in the queue for 1&1/2 hours but did manage to speak to someone, I have the opportunity of either cancelling & loose my £700! Or waiting it out to see if fly out or not, to see if it gets cancelled then get our deposit back, or was also offered a open ticket! I also wasn’t happy has I live 5 minute walk from Gatwick my flight changed to heathrow, which is going to cost us all more money, but they would lay on a coach from Gatwick to heathrow to be fair they should! So calling you will eventually get through but probably a long wait, I’ve got to do it all again in a few days if the flight isn’t cancelled! As we are not willing to go in a Oct due to the virus, no fireworks, no parades no hugging mickey! Not my idea of fun , not the holiday I booked & also the fact we have to wear masks, I can’t wait to get it off when I come out of tescos for about an hour let along wearing it all day in the parks & in the heat, so even though we would love to go in Oct ( we booked beginning may 2019) so planned for quite a while! But it just won’t be the fun holiday of a lifetime we originally booked sadly xx
How did you get past the step where you enter your booking ref? As soon as we type it in, we get cut off saying they will only deal with holidays within the next 21 days
dBoardy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dBoardy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
See my post #338 earlier: WhatsApp request to change worked for us too, changed to December 2021, no admin charge just paying the extra which I expected as we had got a fab deal for the October hols this year
🤞🏼🤞🏼 we all get to go 😀🌞
Thanks for the advice
Old 27 Jul 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

We're in the same situation, only we're meant to be going to LA. Tried umpteen times to contact virgin holidays to see our options, but they just don't get back to me. Final balance is due in a few days, but i won't be paying it.
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Well that’s me cancelled now 😢😢 My BA flight GLA to LGW was cancelled, package with BA staying at All Stars, paid in full. Decided just to cancel. BA are giving us a full refund, hopefully Disney will on our tickets too. Think it’s the right decision for us, but still very sad about it. I hope that those wishing to go can and have a fab time ❤️
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List