Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We are booked for Sept 2021 moved from 2020. At the moment I’ve just paid £200. Deposit and £50 amendment fee. I’m paying nothing else until there is a vaccine and fully expect to cancel. Also can’t get excited. Have booked park days and parked it. I take the view I can’t control it so no point dwelling on it. On a positive I put the large amount of money 2020 would have cost in the kids Uni accommodation savings account which now has all their accommodation costs reached for the total four years they have left at Uni and we will save again for the holiday. So there’s my silver lining. This will pass. It’s just taking longer than expected. Personally I think we will all be fully locked down again by Christmas sadly.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked for September 2021 and to be honest I'm feeling a bit deflated now too. Usually part of the fun and excitement is the build up and planning which I love but this time all the uncertainty has just not made it anywhere near as exciting. I'm really hoping things are under control by then. I would hate to have to cancel. I'm keeping everything crossed and I guess we will just have to see. My cyprus holiday was cancelled this year so got that in may 2021 too as well as my sisters wedding which has been postponed twice. We need 2020 to hurry up and be over, hopefully ending with a safe vaccine in place so that 2021 can make up for this year!
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

me too- we had to cancel August this year and the way things are going I ma not booking up to return until things are back to 'normal'- have a feeling that's a long way off at present
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We have Disney accommodation and a villa booked for August 2021. I have ‘up’ days and ‘down’ days.
Today is a bit of a down day where I’m feeling negative and don’t think travelling to the US will be on the cards next year.
However, there will be some ‘up’ days just around the corner where I’ll, no doubt, book after parts of the holiday.
I’ll try and limit my losses as much as possible and live in hope 😀
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
twelvepack
Earning More Ears

Changed from August this year to next August too, Also quite confident things will have improved
twelvepack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

& there’s me thinking maybe my oct 2020 holiday might go ahead! Looking at USA covid rates right now, there’s no hope! Well I’m hoping there isn’t just isn’t safe without a vaccine, can’t even bare going into tescos with a face mask on without getting short of breath! 😳 would just hate to have to wear masks in the heat all day too! Am also thinking end of Aug 2021 :

Edited at 12:15 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post

I am dreading this week, we should be flying soon, the suitcases would have been down from the loft and we would have started packing

Now i see on our FB memories, 2 years ago today we were waking up in a prem inn at manchester airport on our way to our last disney trip ( it was NY and WDW )

we havent booked anything for next year, i did look at tickets to get park days booked, but it all seems a little pointless till we know what is happening, Yes i know its 12 months away, but 5 months ago we were saying " Oh Aug is 5 months away, we have loads of time to fix this mess " it was and we didnt

yes a vaccine is of course a game changer and we would book for the next week after that, but i am afraid next year isnt going to happen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are also booked to go on the 19th Aug 2021 with tui. It's been booked since Nov before covid was a thing. I really hope we can go again although we are doing universal this time and was hoping to do MNSCHP again. I too feel like it may not go ahead so don't want to plan too much. Everything just feels so flat at the min. Disney
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

I have rebooked for next year because I have to have hope that this thing will improve by then or I will crack up. Also, if things are not improving by then, we'll have far bigger issues than holidays to worry about as this way of life is not sustainable for that long.

Even if Disney is not 100% normal we'd still consider going if the borders were reopened and no quarantine on return etc.

Money wise it hasn't really "cost" me much as I've transferred my deposit from this year to next and I have a virgin open ticket ready for when flights are released.

Final balance not due til June 21 by which time hopefully the situation will be clearer and, if its still dodgy we'll cut ur losses and go elsewhere - again.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Wow. People certainly book far in advance

Having watched Tim Trackers recent blog I am not booking until all restrictions are removed and all park attractions are open.
We were gonna wait too but then we thought Disney could drop their restrictions at any point and could even decide to do it with little to no notice so we decided just to bite the bullet and book for July 2021, we've done it direct with Disney and only put one of us on the booking so far so only paid the £50 deposit.

Rooms with Disney are slim pickings for next summer (well for Moderate they are!) now so I'm happy I got in there early instead of waiting! I reckon theres a lot of people waiting for restrictions to ease and that'll just drive the price up when they do ease them! I thought I'd rather pay the £50 deposit now and if it goes ahead then I've saved myself hundreds of pounds and if we aren't happy then all we've lost is £50

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 10:14 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List