Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Being changed from VS15 to VS91

Hi can anyone please give me some. Advice if I’ve had my holiday flights changed from LGW VS15 to LHR VS91. Meaning my LGW VS15 has been cancelled & have been put on flight LHR VS91, different airport, but still London, even though I live just a walk from LGW! I’m wandering if I can say to virgin holidays that due to them cancelling my VS15 flight, that I can legally have the right to cancel my VS91 flight, which wasn’t the original flight I booked on! I did call them they say it’s still a London airport so If I cancel I lose my deposit, but surely they have changed my flight number my original flight no longer exists so they have just put me on a new flight, do I have grounds to cancel with full refund? If so is there any clause I should throw at them regarding changing my flight & flight number? Any help would be so grateful, I should have paid my balance on 4th aug, but still heard nothing back but if I call them again & need to wait on the phone for X amount of minutes, I need to really have my wording correct At time of speaking, I’m. It good with words so need to know exactly what to say, thank you all, oh what a mess we are all in such a mess with our hols! 😥 at least we are still here to tell the tale Xxx

Edited at 01:24 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i think you asked this question before - VH have clear T&Cs for this so you need to check them as they will not see it as a significant change
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i think you asked this question before - VH have clear T&Cs for this so you need to check them as they will not see it as a significant change
Hi Lizzie, thank you yes I did ask before but always thought or read on different threads that it means my flight was cancelled originally, which I thought would mean I could be entitled to a refund xx
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

I thought changing a flight number was a significant change?
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
I thought changing a flight number was a significant change?
Not for a package holiday, which this is. Flight only yes it does.
Old 14 Aug 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Not for a package holiday, which this is. Flight only yes it does.
Thank you. Is the changing of direct flight to indirect flight classed as significant on a package?
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Here is the link for the previous replies - you really need to speak to Virgin Holidays about this I'm afraid.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1177266
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Hi Lizzie, thank you yes I did ask before but always thought or read on different threads that it means my flight was cancelled originally, which I thought would mean I could be entitled to a refund xx
If it's part of a package holiday then the only obligation they have is to transport you from any London Airport to the same destination on the same dates.

It has to be booked flight only to come under the major change rules.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My situation is exactly the same as the OP except I am flight only with VA, can anyone point me to the T&C that says a change of airport is a major change, I did look and lost the will to live after 1/2 hour of being bounced all over the website!
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kraftikris View Post
My situation is exactly the same as the OP except I am flight only with VA, can anyone point me to the T&C that says a change of airport is a major change, I did look and lost the will to live after 1/2 hour of being bounced all over the website!
If your original flight has been cancelled just request a refund (if that's what you want) quoting EU261 regulation to them. It doesn't matter if they have already changed your flight/airport/moved you to open ticket without consulting you - they will have to follow the rule.

europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...m#cancellation

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List