Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
If it's part of a package holiday then the only obligation they have is to transport you from any London Airport to the same destination on the same dates.

It has to be booked flight only to come under the major change rules.
What is the situation if Virgin change the flight to indirect using another airline on a package booking?
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
What is the situation if Virgin change the flight to indirect using another airline on a package booking?
According to their t&c's on the VH website the following are significant changes :

the following are examples when made before departure:

a. A change of resort area for the whole or a major part of your holiday,

b. A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification for the whole or a major part of your holiday,

c. A change of UK departure airport (excluding change of London Airports),

d. A change of outward departure time or overall length of your holiday of twelve or more hours.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

According to their t&c's on the VH website the following are significant changes :

b. A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification for the whole or a major part of your holiday,

d. A change of outward departure time or overall length of your holiday of twelve or more hours.
Cheers
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Fully agree - it's all there in black & white on the VH website.

Whilst the OP clearly sees this as an inconvenient change, it is not a significant change in the eyes of VH.

FWIW, the things that package tour operators see as significant changes are pretty consistent across the board. I'd be surprised if you found any tour operator that saw a change of London airport as a significant change (as long as departure / inbound dates were the same & flight times were within 12hrs of the original ones).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

Whilst the OP clearly sees this as an inconvenient change, it is not a significant change in the eyes of VH.

FWIW, the things that package tour operators see as significant changes are pretty consistent across the board. I'd be surprised if you found any tour operator that saw a change of London airport as a significant change (as long as departure / inbound dates were the same & flight times were within 12hrs of the original ones).
It's not on when they change an 8 hour direct return flight to a 12 hour flight changing airlines and indirect.
I can see this happening after the restructure.
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If your original flight has been cancelled just request a refund (if that's what you want) quoting EU261 regulation to them. It doesn't matter if they have already changed your flight/airport/moved you to open ticket without consulting you - they will have to follow the rule.

europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...m#cancellation
Thank for this, see they have never said they have cancelled the booking just changed the airport, although in the email they sent in May they used the words 're-booked' my flights?
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kraftikris View Post
Thank for this, see they have never said they have cancelled the booking just changed the airport, although in the email they sent in May they used the words 're-booked' my flights?
Yeah, nice and convenient for them isn't it. Cancel one flight, re book you on to another and hope you accept or don't fully understand your rights enabling them to hang onto your dosh.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

Well... VH agrees to abide by the ABTA Code of Conduct. The guidance to that code says they normally regard a change of airport that is inconvenient to the client as a significant change.

If the OP can walk to Gatwick then I'd say Heathrow is inconvenient.

abta/sites/default/f...Jan%202020.pdf
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Well... VH agrees to abide by the ABTA Code of Conduct. The guidance to that code says they normally regard a change of airport that is inconvenient to the client as a significant change.

If the OP can walk to Gatwick then I'd say Heathrow is inconvenient.

abta/sites/default/f...Jan%202020.pdf
Hi Bobbins, I’ve been looking on the ABTA. Code of conduct but can’t find where it says the above ? Could you possibly point me in the right direction which page or code the above comes under please, thank you so much for pointing it out, I know guidelines say it isn’t a significant change but to my family & myself living within walking distance exactly 9 mins to Walk to the terminal, I’d say it’s very significant to me, as I would never have booked flights anywhere but from Gatwick & Virgin won’t even help with maybe coach from Gatwick to heathrow afterall they changed my flights! we have to make our own way, pay extra fares out of our own pockets there & back which I think is rather unfair xx.

Edited at 01:53 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Your best bet is to give them another call speak to someone else and find out it does say in there terms it’s not a significant change. When you commented back in July you may of left it to long to complain now and be careful you don’t loose your deposit due to not paying the rest of the holiday.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List