Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
I've just noticed on Aer Lingus website that they have removed most direct (if not all) flights to San Francisco and Orlando for October. All the booking options are flights with stopovers using partner airlines. I wonder if this means our flight is going to be cancelled too.

I'm such a mixture of emotions thinking about it
I’m thinking there cancelled as my flight on 1st dub/Orlando isn’t showing now
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I’m thinking there cancelled as my flight on 1st dub/Orlando isn’t showing now
I think so too! Does your booking still look the same, or has it changed?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think so too! Does your booking still look the same, or has it changed?
I booked with net flights so I’m hoping someone on here has booked with aer lingus direct to see if they have been told it’s cancelled
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked with net flights so I’m hoping someone on here has booked with aer lingus direct to see if they have been told it’s cancelled
We booked ours direct. Our outbound flight was to San Francisco on the 1st Oct, but back to Dublin from Orlando on the 22nd. I can see both flights can no longer be booked, but our 'manage our flight' booking is still showing as normal.

I think we may gave them a call later to see what they say, so will keep you updated.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We booked ours direct. Our outbound flight was to San Francisco on the 1st Oct, but back to Dublin from Orlando on the 22nd. I can see both flights can no longer be booked, but our 'manage our flight' booking is still showing as normal.

I think we may gave them a call later to see what they say, so will keep you updated.
Thanks cupcake lol ...I just want to know one way or the other
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks cupcake lol ...I just want to know one way or the other
I rang up this morning (and got through straight away!) and they said that it's a technical glitch on the website that the flight isn't showing anymore so I wasn't able to do anything, and as far as they can see the flight is still going, but could be cancelled at some point...

So no helpful information!
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I rang up this morning (and got through straight away!) and they said that it's a technical glitch on the website that the flight isn't showing anymore so I wasn't able to do anything, and as far as they can see the flight is still going, but could be cancelled at some point...

So no helpful information!
I don’t believe that for one minute lol do you ?... pretty much everyday in Oct now says no flights...it’s doing my head in haha
Old 19 Aug 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t believe that for one minute lol do you ?... pretty much everyday in Oct now says no flights...it’s doing my head in haha
I absolutely do not believe that I think they’re just stalling for time. I just wish they’d confirm on the cancellation already because I have so much to cancel as we had a road trip planned before Orlando, so I have multiple hotels to cancel. I’m too scared to do it incase our flight doesn’t get cancelled
Old 19 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

My balance was due on the 4th aug, we supposed to fly 24th oct, I whatsApp virgin holidays on Saturday, stating I needed to discuss my existing booking & would like to change my existing booking, I’ve left my booking ref, name & date of departure & all my message said is that we will get one of our team to contact me! Just hoping they don’t cancel my booking & I’ll loose £700! Hopefully because I’ve tried contacting them they may not do this ? Fingers crossed eyes too on this occasion!
Old 19 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Just a heads up in case anyone is in the same situation.
I booked flights back in Feb with Netflights from LGW to MCO and back from Tampa to LGW.
These are BA flights and obviously because i booked before March and am flying in October BA will not budge with moving the flights just yet.
I have pleaded with them to allow me to move them and all they said was either No or go to Netflights and obviously Netflights hands are tied.
I'd emailed Netflights and they rang me yesterday to say my tickets had actually been ticketed by American airlines as a codeshare and so the tickets went by American Airlines policy (which they said was the same as BA).
However, after checking on the AA website and dropping them an email (which they responded literally within 5 minutes) they said i could cancel them via the AA website as their policy is different to BA and then there would be a credit for me to move to new flights.
Just rang Netflights who said yes they have been cancelled and she has moved them to next year for me.

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List