Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Another example of how rude and ignorant some people are becoming these days. I’m another one for grow what you like and park what you like on your own drive. I wouldnt entertain the idea of paying for it to go into storage when I have somewhere to keep it !
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry but I would hate to see a caravan in my cul de sac. We must be lucky as we have no vans or caravans parked anywhere near us and its very quiet
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The marionette above my parents ,every single floorboard creeks... loudly, and has done for the last 8 years. They would swap that for a caravan in front of their window in a heartbeat. They also live in a cul de sac.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by paw View Post
Our estate was built 1970s on. Still being expanded. There is a covenant in the deeds that states Caravans cannot be kept in front of the building line. Some people do but if neighbours complain it has to go. A number of people have got around it with motor homes of various sizes.
We have that Covenant in our deeds too & most people keep to & I personally am glad they do. I hate seeing them stuck on peoples drives for usually 9 months of the year. DH 's house had same Covenant & the bloke next door bought a caravan put it in his drive which was nearer to DH's front window than his own, looked awful, he used it once then never again. When DH put his house up for same the first viewer started to our agent they loved the house but wouldn't entertain buying because of the caravan stuck there. I wrote then neighbour a very nice letter pointing out the problem and the Covenant, he wasn't happy but it was moved the following week. The rest of the neighbours bought me flowers for getting rid of it for them.
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Haven’t read all responses so apologies repeating
Can’t you put it in storage
I would have to say why should they?

Its expensive and not necessarily 100% safe.

This week I left home at 10pm and got home at 730am for my night shift.
Emergency services.

If you don't like me shutting my car door at 9pm who's gonna look after you at 4am?

Some people need to get a life
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
We have adult sons who would remain in the property whilst away. Plus we have ring doorbell security on most angles so no issue with security

They have asked that no take away delivery after 10pm as they counted a car door opening and closing 5 times at 11pm at night. I spoke to the boys who looked at me in disbelief. Uber eats is life they said. 😂😂

I have called around today and it’s 400 for just the winter and all near us are full. We would be looking at a 30 minute drive to get in anywhere.

I do feel for them but I now feel so watched we are going to get a hedge grown anyway. They will just have to get used to it as they have done with their neighbours the other side who have tall conifers between them.

For now it’s staying. Xx
No, they're beyond crazy.

Personally, I'm not into caravans but who on this green Earth are they to have the audacity to ask you to move it, stop your sons eating and not to grow a hedge.

Do all of the above, without any feeling of guilt or like you're doing it in defiance. It's your property and I'd hazard that you probably had to pay more for the privilege of living in your street than they did back in the olden days.

The level of entitlement is insane.
Honestly, I can't abide the fact that the house across the streets has yellow blinds in one window and blue in the other at the front but have I decided to tell her that I am upset by it? No, because I'm not a self centred nut job!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Our house was built in 1967 and the houses are well spaced out. The deeds do not allow caravans or vans to be parked in driveways.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

Our neighbours (joint on as semi detached) have a large caravan on their drive. It rarely moves and means that the three cars they have need to be parked on the street. It's a little annoying, but I wouldn't complain about it.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

I wouldn’t care in the slightest. It’s your house, and your driveway. They sound incredibly nosey! Enjoy your caravan 😊
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
We have adult sons who would remain in the property whilst away. Plus we have ring doorbell security on most angles so no issue with security

They have asked that no take away delivery after 10pm as they counted a car door opening and closing 5 times at 11pm at night. I spoke to the boys who looked at me in disbelief. Uber eats is life they said. 😂😂

I have called around today and it’s 400 for just the winter and all near us are full. We would be looking at a 30 minute drive to get in anywhere.

I do feel for them but I now feel so watched we are going to get a hedge grown anyway. They will just have to get used to it as they have done with their neighbours the other side who have tall conifers between them.

For now it’s staying. Xx
Some people have so very little going on in life that they have to moan about anything

I am afraid with the takeaway incident, i would now leave the caravan where it is and just ignore them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List