Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
I want a virgin quote but i have no idea how to do it online. Literally cant put in he flights i want, dont know what im doing wrong!
Dont know if its because its over 28 days? Or they dont fly to chicago? Really dont know x
I'm not sure if VA fly direct to Chicago but they usually offer flights even if they are indirect using Delta to provide the internal flights.

Don't know when you are looking for but VA only release flights 330 days out

Mick
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm not sure if VA fly direct to Chicago but they usually offer flights even if they are indirect using Delta to provide the internal flights.

Don't know when you are looking for but VA only release flights 330 days out

Mick
For aug 2022. They are letting me see prices for a flights to miami and back but i need to add 2 more flights in, i can customise my booking on BA but cant do it in virgin. It says multi destination in there but still doesnt put it what i want.
Do i have to phone to get a quote or can i email them? X
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
For aug 2022. They are letting me see prices for a flights to miami and back but i need to add 2 more flights in, i can customise my booking on BA but cant do it in virgin. It says multi destination in there but still doesnt put it what i want.
As I mentioned you won't see August 2022 VA flights until around September 2021. Virgin Holidays may be able to offer a full holiday or fly-drive before that but I think you're a few months too early. Am I confused though - I thought you wanted Chicago not Miami

I can see VA to Chicago via JFK for instance through this summer but I can't see any flights beyond 15 Dec 2021

Mick
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

As Mick said. Virgin release on 330, as do most other airlines.Any prices you get now are speculative and the prices heavily weighted in their favour. I don’t think in any case that Virgin fly on from Miami and therefore they would have to wait on the release of other flights by partner airlines.

The key is to be patient and wait until all airlines have released and are therefore competing for your money. That is when you tend to get good deals.. unless of course, price doesn’t matter to you, then contact any ta and they can quote, say £2000 per person for coach class, confident that come the day, they can get inside that and still make a fortune out of you.

Also as Mick surmised, Virgin don’t, I believe fly to Chicago. They put you on a Delta flight. You might as well cut out the middleman and go to Delta.. who have a much better record of returning customers money when flights are cancelled.

Edited at 11:11 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry i do confuse situations haha.
Its through holidays so was looking at a flydrive price just to see.
Im flying to Chicago for 3 nights then onto miami then orlando to new york then new york to London.
Chicago is the only part of the holiday that has nothing booked so i can cancel that bit.
I got a quote for £5225 for the 4 flights and 3 nights in a chicago hotel, just wanted to see if i can get anything cheaper.
Im just scares the price will double when flights are released. I know its a guessing game x
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Im flying to Chicago for 3 nights then onto miami then orlando to new york then new york to London.
Chicago is the only part of the holiday that has nothing booked so i can cancel that bit.
I got a quote for £5225 for the 4 flights and 3 nights in a chicago hotel, just wanted to see if i can get anything cheaper.
Im just scares the price will double when flights are released. I know its a guessing game x
Personally I would wait and as CFB suggests give Delta or other US operators a try. I've flown to Chicago with American for example.

We were a bit keen to re-book April 2021 when we lost April 2020 and I tried VH for a fly-drive in advance of VA and BA releasing flights only and their quote was an eye-watering £1,500 dearer than my recent experience of booking flight and car hire separately.

So I was patient and waited until last June to compare flight only.

A lot of Dibbers are nervous that once we are all jabbed, US borders opened and FCO advice removed that prices will go through the roof. I don't have a crystal ball I'm afraid but hoping the element of competition will prevail.

Just out of interest our lost flights in April 2021 and Nov 2021, possible flights in April and "confident" flights next November are all within £50 of each other. All with BA I would add.

Mick

Edited at 11:33 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Ever After Holidays View Post
Thank you for trying us!

Just with regards to comments above about guesswork. None of our pricing is guess work, it is guaranteed pricing provided to us by our suppliers. We will only book what's provided to us on a guaranteed price. I can't speak for other ops.

This is why we are not selling WDW resorts for 2022, as they are not available to us yet.

Some of our pricing for 2022 is great! Especially compared to some of the other big tour ops! Like any pricing it can fluctuate.

We will always give our best price, never pressure anyone into booking and always look after our customers like we have done for years and many more to come!

Mattie
I agree we got great service and no pressure to book at all and now we are contemplating Xmas 2022 so will definitely get a quote from you again if we do.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

With the brill vacation that you have in mind, I would not be worrying so much about pent up demand.
London- Chicago is not a holiday route and I don’t think it will price out for you.
Chicago- MIA is an internal and I guess would come into the £70-£90 range plus baggage as most US internals do if you are patient
MCO- any NY airport, the same.
NY- London again, is not a big vacation route and loads of Airlines compete on it every single day (when they are able).

In addition, Chicago hotels are not particularly expensive.

I would liken your plans to my summer of 2019 vacation, absolute peak in August.
I flew London-Boston
I caught the AMTRAC to NY
I Flew Laguardia to Dayton OH
I flew Cincinatti to Orlando
I flew Miami to London.
The cost for all of that and at around 1.22 dollars to the pound was.. £723pp (admittedly hand baggage only).
I believe that puts your current quote into perspective.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
With the brill vacation that you have in mind, I would not be worrying so much about pent up demand.
London- Chicago is not a holiday route and I don’t think it will price out for you.
Chicago- MIA is an internal and I guess would come into the £70-£90 range plus baggage as most US internals do if you are patient
MCO- any NY airport, the same.
NY- London again, is not a big vacation route and loads of Airlines compete on it every single day (when they are able).

In addition, Chicago hotels are not particularly expensive.

I would liken your plans to my summer of 2019 vacation, absolute peak in August.
I flew London-Boston
I caught the AMTRAC to NY
I Flew Laguardia to Dayton OH
I flew Cincinatti to Orlando
I flew Miami to London.
The cost for all of that and at around 1.22 dollars to the pound was.. £723pp (admittedly hand baggage only).
I believe that puts your current quote into perspective.
Great thank you. So you would most definitely wait then? Thank you again x
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great thank you. So you would most definitely wait then? Thank you again x
Yes, I would wait.. but then again it is not my money.

I would look to book my longhauls at around 300- 320 from the return leg ( not as soon as they become available on 330 for most because the sometimes release higher).
I would then look to fill in the regionals, using Google flights for my initial research as you can see the prices on the same screen, months either side of your preferred date. Moving a day or so may save you a fair bit. Have a play on it and you will see what I mean.
For instance my flights this year from Burbank to Tucson dropped from £153 to £68, simply by flying a day later.

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196