Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 18 Jan 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Got my first box coming tomorrow, which I’m looking forward to. However, I’m struggling to choose four meals for next week, there’s not much that takes our fancy!
I've also skipped next weeks and it must have been for the same reason.

Tomorrow I've got: Simple Smoked Fish Florentine Bake, Rosemary Lamb Meatballs & Mint Sauce, Plant-Based Lentil & Mushroom Lasagne and One-Pot Smoky Spanish Fish Stew & Giant Couscous (had this before)
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
I've been trying out the Pasta Evangelists box over the past couple of weeks as they have/had a 30% off your first order offer.

So far I've had:

Orecchiette with Broccoli & Chilli Sauce
Pumpkin & Sage Triangoli with Wild Rocket Sauce
Orecchiette with Sicily's Pistachio Pesto
Vegan Ragù Lasagne "alla Bolognese"

Everything has been delicious! But it's a bit too pricy for me to do on a regular basis as it's around £7 a portion full price. I'll probably get them every so often for special occasions.
Just to add, I just received this weeks box and there was a note saying that due to supply issues one of the meals I ordered was not available so they've replaced it with another and added two extra meals for free!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Just to add, I just received this weeks box and there was a note saying that due to supply issues one of the meals I ordered was not available so they've replaced it with another and added two extra meals for free!
That's very good CS
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We got a box on Saturday but I’ve also skipped next week. Couldn’t find four meals to add that I liked.

We had a few damaged items, nothing major. Issued with £6 credit.

Piri piri chicken farfalle- this was lovely, definitely have again

Banging bbq chicken with sweet corn fritters - also lovely and would have again

Beef and mushroom pie - again really nice

Last one for tomorrow is beef orzo stew

Ooh need to check for the week after as the new menu was out today.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

This box is coming on Sunday

And this is the week after

I'm finding I'm ordering a lot of chicken dishes but DH won't eat fish and DS isn't a massive veg fan. I do mix it up when I can and jump at the chance of pork loin or beef strips if I see them 🤣
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Had the Chicken Rogan Josh for tea tonight and it was hands down THE best home made curry we've ever had.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We had the mild creamy chicken curry. It was nice. I didn’t get the tinned tomatoes, but had four normal loose tomatoes in the box, I’m guessing as an alternative! That was our first delivery and I was impressed with how it was all packaged. The spring onions left a lot to be desired though! Looking forward to peri peri chicken farfalle tomorrow night
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We had the mild creamy chicken curry. It was nice. I didn’t get the tinned tomatoes, but had four normal loose tomatoes in the box, I’m guessing as an alternative! That was our first delivery and I was impressed with how it was all packaged. The spring onions left a lot to be desired though! Looking forward to peri peri chicken farfalle tomorrow night
Let them know they were rubbish.
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Had the Chicken Rogan Josh for tea tonight and it was hands down THE best home made curry we've ever had.
We had the hot chicken madras on Saturday and it had a good kick to it. Best homemade one we'd had with such little faff.
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Snap - so did we. Everybody loved it.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List