Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post
If anyone watches rixflix hes predicting that masks will be down graded to optional soon - fingers crossed!

I’m booked for 2.5 weeks september 4th 21 , praying i get to go 😭😭
Do you have a link please?
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I would think if we are at stage where masks are needed out doors, we prob won't be going :-(

If vaccine is keeping it under control, I'd still expect some mask wearing and / or limited numbers, i.e. watching a show. But that's manageable IMO. Perhaps we need to mental prepare for that...I don't think we'll really now until a few weeks before though.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Grant41
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I would think if we are at stage where masks are needed out doors, we prob won't be going :-(

If vaccine is keeping it under control, I'd still expect some mask wearing and / or limited numbers, i.e. watching a show. But that's manageable IMO. Perhaps we need to mental prepare for that...I don't think we'll really now until a few weeks before though.
This 100%

Have faith folks, 7 months is a long time and a lot can happen
Grant41 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

I’m pretty optimistic about going in August. There were 346,000 vaccine jabs yesterday. The number of jabs issued daily will hopefully increase as it has steadily since December as things get better organised, distribution gets better, more places open up to give the jabs etc.

Even if the number of jabs don’t increase, with a rate of 346,000 jabs a day, that means by the end of July, 65,000,000 ish jabs will have been issued. This is every adult in the U.K. receiving 1 jab before the end of July.

The more people that get the jab, the less the virus can spread and I think we’ll start seeing a sharp decline in the numbers of cases.

Once cases decline sharply, the government will be under pressure to open things, including travel back up.

We only just booked for Aug as I suspect in a couple of months once travel seems more likely we’ll see a massive hike in prices.

The USA is currently at about 16,000,000 vaccinations, though this only represents about 4% of their population. Also worth noting that over 24,000,000 people have had COVID in the USA which gives a theoretical ‘immunity’ of 10%.

The above are the facts and everyone must make their own views based on this, but I’m pretty optimistic for Aug personally.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’m still optimistic for August travel. We have a lot more going for us than last year. We are seeing this peak earlier than the first last year. We have better treatments and 3 usable vaccines. We didn’t have any of that last year and we still went to Greece for 10 days. Of course, I may be wrong, but I like to have a positive outlook and something to look forward to.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

It’s not us that I worry about, it’s the vaccine roll out in the states. They’re going to be basing their rules on how they’re getting on with the vaccine. I just hope they get on top of things so the rules can be relaxed a little.

Edited at 11:32 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It’s not us that I worry about, it’s the vaccine roll out in the states. They’re going to be basing their rules on how they’re getting on with the vaccine. I just hope they get on top of things so the rules can be relaxed a little.
Absolutely agree. We need the Americans to sort out their vaccine programme as well, so the corridor can be reopened. Every day the news is so depressing and any respite seems so very far away, but I’m not prepared to throw in the towel yet.
Keeping everything crossed 🤞🏻
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

It will be worth keeping an eye on the US today; apparently Thursday’s theme for Biden’s Presidential Proclamations is COVID. I think he already signed off the 100 day mask mandate yesterday; but today might see some indication of the travel bans he’ll put in place and when they might be reviewed.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Im sure im not alone but im desperate for our august holiday to go ahead. Its the only thing keeping me going. I think if masks are still required we will still go but will probably only dip in and out of the parks and instead spend maximum time in volcano bay and aquatica where masks are not required. Its the reason we booked cabana bay for this year due to their direct access without needing transport etc. Fingers crossed everyone and be interesting to see what Biden says.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to say that although Biden is talking about a 100 day mask mandate he has very limited powers in where he can enforce this, it is up to "state by state" to decide how strictly they will/would follow this & lets be honest here "100 days" is all about how catchy it sounds! Not 99 or 101 or 200 etc & absolutely based on no Science it's just a random number that sounds good.If he's getting his advice from Fauci... well he never lies
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List