Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Easter isn't until 4th April so you'll flights are quite a while before. I don't think they'll be flying.

As PP says, cancel the hotels while you can. You can always rebook if you find you are going.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks just would like them to cancel now really, this trip has been postponed from last year so tickets have been extended to the end of the year but I don’t think we can go so I’m hoping they would refund?
My other issue is we are booked for port Orleans riverside and Disney want payment but they are not open? Disney have not said anything about it 🤯
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
Thanks just would like them to cancel now really, this trip has been postponed from last year so tickets have been extended to the end of the year but I don’t think we can go so I’m hoping they would refund?
My other issue is we are booked for port Orleans riverside and Disney want payment but they are not open? Disney have not said anything about it 🤯
Your Disney payment would not be due for at least another month or so? I expect they will contact you nearer the time to enquire your preferences for moving or refunding considering the hotel is closed. Alternatively you could contact them and request a refund of your deposit now, assuming you booked directly.

You will need to be patient regarding the flight. The airline will not refund you until and unless the flight is cancelled, which it probably will be at some point.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would contact Disney and see what your options are, esp with POR being closed - we were due to go in Feb & stay at Pop Century, but they called me before Christmas and I changed my booking to Dec this year. I wouldn’t pay a penny out, i’m personally not confidant in flights going ahead at Easter, I think Biden will keep things closed till things are more settled over there, but that’s just my uneducated guess!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Chiefplanner
First POST

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
Just wanted to let you know our situation as it sound identical to yours... booked flights with virgin to leave Manchester Sat 20th March to stay at Riverside.
Finally decided to ring Virgin (flights) after Xmas to find out where we stood...they said as flights still going ahead (and they may not cancel until 2 days before) we could cancel but not get refund, just voucher. It’s valid until Dec 2022. They said if flights subsequently get cancelled then we would get refund offer. I see this happening as time gets nearer. There’s no way I could keep the booking and theoretically plan a holiday (including £500 worth of COVID tests) for us to have the rug pulled from under us a day before! Took voucher for £3.5k. And they can be name changed or destination changed, but secretly hoping for full refund when flights cancelled.
Booked Disney direct so rang them and cancelled, they gave us deposit straight back. Really hope we all get to Disney eventually! Good luck x
Chiefplanner is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hi thanks yes exactly the same.. sounds like the same flight! Disney have extended payment until 13/2 but I’m thinking of just cancelling flights as like you said they may leave until last minute. We need estas so not prepared to get them yet. All a bit of a mess really. We are booked to go to New York/cruise in August which again was cancelled from last year as my mum was terminally ill so I can’t rearrange Florida for this year. Tickets now want to take 20% off me and won’t extend until 2022. I know lots of people worse off/jobs/money etc.. it’s just frustrating 🥺
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chiefplanner View Post
Just wanted to let you know our situation as it sound identical to yours... booked flights with virgin to leave Manchester Sat 20th March to stay at Riverside.
Finally decided to ring Virgin (flights) after Xmas to find out where we stood...they said as flights still going ahead (and they may not cancel until 2 days before) we could cancel but not get refund, just voucher. It’s valid until Dec 2022. They said if flights subsequently get cancelled then we would get refund offer. I see this happening as time gets nearer. There’s no way I could keep the booking and theoretically plan a holiday (including £500 worth of COVID tests) for us to have the rug pulled from under us a day before! Took voucher for £3.5k. And they can be name changed or destination changed, but secretly hoping for full refund when flights cancelled.
Booked Disney direct so rang them and cancelled, they gave us deposit straight back. Really hope we all get to Disney eventually! Good luck x
I think now you have take the voucher, you are not going to get a refund if the flight you were once booked on is cancelled. You are no longer on the flight list for the flight, to get a cash refund, I am just about certain that you need to hang on and wait for the airline to cancel.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think now you have take the voucher, you are not going to get a refund if the flight you were once booked on is cancelled. You are no longer on the flight list for the flight, to get a cash refund, I am just about certain that you need to hang on and wait for the airline to cancel.
Yep exactly this. You can't take the voucher and then expect a refund if the flight is cancelled. The reason they might cancel the flight is that there's no one on it as everyone took vouchers.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Personally i can see why airlines aren't cancelling flights in April yet as so much can change between now and then.
If they refund everyone they won't be flying again