Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Me and dd like it, dh was horrified when I suggested it, his mum made it as a milk puding and he loves it 🤢
Yes, my Mum used to make macaroni pudding, it was very nice.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is how I prefer it..

insearchofyummyness/trinidad-macaroni-pie/

I also agree I have had some amazing Mac and cheese sides in the us, just not the Kraft one!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Me and dd like it, dh was horrified when I suggested it, his mum made it as a milk puding and he loves it 🤢
My mom also used to make it as a milk pudding for dessert after Sunday lunch, it was really nice, but not as nice as her rice pudding.

I think the yellow US mac n cheese is awful, but I have had some nice side dishes over there. The macaroni cheese ready meal type dishes you get in the UK are pretty bland.

I might try and make that macaroni pie though, it sounds pretty nice.
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
My mom also used to make it as a milk pudding for dessert after Sunday lunch, it was really nice, but not as nice as her rice pudding.

I think the yellow US mac n cheese is awful, but I have had some nice side dishes over there. The macaroni cheese ready meal type dishes you get in the UK are pretty bland.

I might try and make that macaroni pie though, it sounds pretty nice.
Yes my mil also made rice pudding, my mum bought ambrosia and I liked that. I can’t eat any milk pudding makes me feel ill now, it’s the texture 🤢
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I love mac and cheese, I prefer my own home made but I also quite like the yellow plastic version.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mac and cheese is hardly an exclusive American dish it’s been around these shores for years ...now biscuits and gravy is a different kettle of fish what do people think to that ?...I absolutely love it
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

The Mac n cheese at Chefs Art Smiths Homecomin is really nice 👍
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

The only Mac and cheese I like in America is the truffle Mac and cheese from the Yatchsman. I love Mac and cheese but the bright yellow plastic stuff is disgusting
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Mac and cheese is hardly an exclusive American dish it’s been around these shores for years ...now biscuits and gravy is a different kettle of fish what do people think to that ?...I absolutely love it
I love biscuits but since I’m vegetarian I have to have mine with cheese grits. I haven’t found a version of white gravy that doesn’t have sausage in but I imagine a mushroom and white wine version would be delicious!
What does the Dibb think about grits? I had grits made with blue corn in Atlanta and they were delicious...If you haven’t tried grits with cheese you’re missing out!
StorybookCircus is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I love biscuits but since I’m vegetarian I have to have mine with cheese grits. I haven’t found a version of white gravy that doesn’t have sausage in but I imagine a mushroom and white wine version would be delicious!
What does the Dibb think about grits? I had grits made with blue corn in Atlanta and they were delicious...If you haven’t tried grits with cheese you’re missing out!
I have tried grits on my last two trips at different places. First time was at Chef Art Smiths and I thought they were non descript. I wanted to give them another go somewhere else, can't remember where that was but again found them to be nondescript. I know we didn't finish the bowl between us on either occasion. I don't think I will try again.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List