Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 0 Travel Day - Friday 20th September

Isn’t it typical that the one travel day we can actually have a lie in, we wake up early! Our work body clocks are still in place, so at 6.30am, we were awake and ready to go. The lie in until 8.30am was most welcome though! We Facetimed our niece whilst in bed to say goodbye and to wish her a nice holiday, as she was off to WDW in 3 days’ time!

Once we were up and ready, we headed out to the terminal, which was just after 9am. As we arrived, Cathay Pacific were opening the desks, so we printed the luggage labels at the self-service machines, and after about a 10 minute wait, sent our cases off to Hong Kong!

Earlier in the year, we bought new suitcases (four-wheeled ones, to make all of our travel this trip a bit easier!), so here's Matt, pleased as punch, with his!

We went through security very quickly and headed straight to breakfast in Wondertree. I had a mimosa and tea to drink, whilst Matt had an orange juice; and then Matt had the Big BReakfast with toast whilst I had scrambled eggs on toast with a sausage, which after the My Gatwick 15% discount, came to £31.15.

We wandered around duty free but by some miracle, I didn’t buy anything, so we just grabbed some drinks in WHSmith (2 each came to £7 – shocking!) and sat for 30 minutes until our gate was called. Matt felt a headache coming on, so I popped to Boots to pick up some paracetamol just in case, and an apple juice for me, which came to £3.59.

Our flight boarded on time at 11.40am, but we were 20 minutes late taking off due to congestion on the runway.

The flight with Cathay Pacific was excellent. The plane was in great condition, the seatback proposition was excellent, inflight entertainment was brilliant, food was great…basically, we can’t fault them, and would fly with them again without hesitation.

I passed the first half of the flight absolutely engrossed in a book that I started whilst we were stuck on the runway (Lisa Jewell’s ‘I Found You’), and then watched some bits and pieces (which I didn’t write down) on my tablet; whilst Matt played a little on the Nintendo Switch, and watched some Avengers and Game of Thrones on his tablet.

We were served chicken & mushroom with rice at lunchtime with a yummy pot of Movenpick ice cream, and then basic a Full English later in the flight, both of which were very good.

For me at least, the flight passed really quickly, and before we missed it, it was time to descend into Hong Kong.

We landed pretty much on time at 7.40am, but were late debarking because of delays in getting the bridge connected to the plane, which the pilot admitted was entirely Cathay’s fault.

And from there, I will leave this travel day, as we move into Day 1, our first day in Hong Kong!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Great travel day, flight sounds fab!
I hate flying though and wish I could relax and read/watch things.
Food even sounds nice 👌
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is the first travel day I have read in ages and it was brilliant. I love a travel day and have really missed reading about peoples excitement

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
This is the first travel day I have read in ages and it was brilliant. I love a travel day and have really missed reading about peoples excitement
Me too

Disney332