Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

International Drive or Onsite Universal?

So we've booked our honeymoon for Sep 2020!

Plan so far is- 3 nights in New York (our favourite place and we've both been many times before, so fine with a short stay this time!) then fly down to Orlando for 10 nights. We've got 7 nights booked onsite @ Disney (Yacht Club with free DDP) so were planning 3 nights either on I-Drive or at Universal.

Whilst we are Orlando first timers, I think we could probably do the 2 main Universal Parks (not bothered about the water park) in a day or day and a half, leaving the rest for some shopping and general potter about the area. Not going to hire a car so we will need to use public transport or uber for getting about. Currently, can't decide between the value Universal hotels (Aventura/Endless Summer) or somewhere on idrive like the Sonesta or Homewood suites. All of these are roughly same sort of price for 3 nights (of course the offsites include breakfast.)

Any suggestions welcome!

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you are not hiring a car then I would suggest the Universal hotels are prob your best bet as they will have more frequent shuttles over to the parks, you will also get the hours early entry as well which you wouldn't get if staying on I-Drive. But thats traded off with the breakfast, so it depends which is more beneficial to you. Personally I would want to go to the parks earlier and grab something to eat there. Are the top 3 hotels at Universal not a consideration? As these are on the walkways to the parks and also come with the express passes which would make only having 2 days there much easier to manage.
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Mobile

I had thought about the hotels with express entry but they were coming out quite pricey. Suppose I was looking for a cheaper option here as were staying in a deluxe at Disney for a week.

Also thinking of going Halloween Horror night, which definitely has me leaning back towards an universal on-site! hotel
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List