Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
poppett67
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile After a night flight, anyone booked into a hotel for a few hours?

We fly from Gatwick and after a night flight (landing at 6.30am) it's still a 3 hr drive home. The last two times we've flown we've pulled into a layby for a nap (despite sleeping on plane). Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any hotels etc nearby that would allow you to book for a few hours so early in morning to get your head down before a long drive home
4th Visit...September 2023, members Villa at Tuscan Hill. Took the Grandson this time.
5th visit...planning for 2025 with a granddaughter in tow.
poppett67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We haven't but we definitely would next time. Search Google for day rooms near Gatwick and a few websites pop up with reasonable rates.
Ivegottadream is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

It’s quite a common thing to do, several hotels offer, see the link . I just googled quickly so there might be more. I notice they mainly start at 9am, but that would give you time for breakfast !

dayuse/s/united-ki...sussex/crawley

Edited at 07:07 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We had a ten hour layover at Gatwick in 2018 and paid for a few hours in the Yotel there to sleep before clearing security. We didn’t book in advance, it was quiet and the room was clean with everything we needed - the bed shifts if you’d rather sit.

yotel/en/hotels/yotelair-london-gatwick

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a 4 hour drive bk from Gatwick a couple of weeks ago. Husband wanted to wait and see how he felt on the day b4 booking anywhere. Said he wanted to just drive home cos he was okay. I wasn’t though and wished we had just got the day room (definitely would next time!). Think they were coming up about £50-60 for a 9-5pm day when I looked.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

After a nightmare drive home stuck on the M25 We have never drive home on the morning again. Had all the windows open and me talking absolute gibberish just to keep DH awake. So frightening. Alternatives we have tried are: Hilton Gatwick do a day room rate (just make sure you put the same day for arrival and departure and it will give you a price), have also done two nights Premier Inn North when it was cheap, one the night of the flight so that we didn't have to wait for 2pm checkin. Final options is get the train. We do whatever comes out cheapest. Well worth the money for the safety aspect.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We go to the premier inn on bath road for Heathrow after a night flight
Usually arrive about 9am and sleep about 4 hours and then get a strong coffee and drive up to North Yorkshire
It works really well and costs about £50
sassysar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are doing it this Easter.

We leave Vancouver’s 2100.
The flight is then 9 hours.
The time zone change is plus 8 hours.
The drive to Falmouth is 5 hours plus.

It would be absolutely stupid to drive upon arrival in the U.K.

Premier Inn at Bath Road (we pick up the car next door, next morning from Purple Parking), was £29.50.. an absolute bargain.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We now book two nights in the Premier Inn,the day we fly home and the day we arrive,£70 for the two nights last month,it meant we arrived at 6am and checked into the hotel,breakfast,showered and in bed by 7.30,the next day we travelled back to Scotland.Wouldn't do it any other way now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

This was something that we looked into after a recent 2am drive home and both nearly nodded off (and I do a lot of nightshifts lol)
There really wasn’t much available for a family very close to Gatwick without needing to get the car from the long stay carpark.
In the end after discussing it here i booked the night before at PI Gatwick north. Like you, our flight arrival is 06.30, and check out is 12. That should realistically give us 3 hrs + nap which should get us road safe after a lunch and coffee.
When we check in Wednesday for our outbound flight (eeeek!) I will let them know we will be arriving about 8am with our next booking. I will see about a late check out too. Failing that I will stick a note on the door to say we are sleeping til 11.45 to avoid housekeeping from disturbing us early x
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List