Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

I calculated amount of money spent on food a day for our last trip in Feb/ March 2020 (see full post here), which was 3 weeks on-site for my family of 3. We spent on average $82 a day on food in Disney - but we don't drink alcohol, we don't eat meat, and my daughter is only 3 so doesn't eat a lot. We did breakfast in the room most days from a bulk shop we'd done at Target, and then ate 2 QS meals most days, plus usually a snack as well. It's definitely hard to keep the cost under $100 if your child is older... and impossible if you want to do TS as well, those add up SO fast! 1 TS meal will cost more than the $82 you could have for the whole day!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For a family of 4, all my spending is $1000 a week.
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you are staying off site then eat offsite. There are plenty of nice off site restaurants at half the cost.

We eat in our room for breakfast, we always have lunch in the park at a QS and usually have a snack or two. And then we have a cheaper offsite meal.
We budget $150/day for 3 of us.

We eat at cheaper offsite places. So you’d need to up that for more high end places but you still wouldn’t be anywhere near Disney prices.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Sorry I misread the first post and though you were moving offsite for cheaper accommodation.

Would you consider hiring a car? Or factor in Uber vs the savings of offsite food.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

Mobile

If staying on site what’s the best option getting to I-drive or places to eat outside of Disney. Just wondering if we need to hire a car
karen1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Would you be able to get a car and go to Walmart? you could pick up things for breakfast (or take them from home) then snacks for lunch, then just pay for one meal a day at Disney?
We always stay offsite, eat breakfast in the villa, take snacks in the park for lunch, then eat out once a day, we allow $50 a person per day and never norammlly spend it but it allows us to have the odd quickserve in parks/snacks if we want
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Use this tool. Its really good distripplanner/
Wow I just used that, did 14 meals, a mixture of table service and quick service, 1 snack a day each for 14 days, it was eye watering
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by karen1980 View Post
If staying on site what’s the best option getting to I-drive or places to eat outside of Disney. Just wondering if we need to hire a car
There’s plenty of options on the 192 which are easy to get to from the Animal kingdom side of the property. Or near crossroads and Palm parkway which are easier if you are nearer Disney springs.

You can walk to crossroads from Disney springs. Although it’s not a short walk. And I’m not sure how much is still open there.

Otherwise it’s an Uber or a car.

We wouldn’t travel to I drive to eat. It’s too far just for a meal.

Edited at 09:23 AM.
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
Are there any guides to average spends. I’m just making a plan B for next year if no dining plan reappears. Maybe move to a cheaper resort and pay for food instead?

I know it’s how long is a piece of string. But I wondered if someone had already done the leg work on this. We would do our own breakfast and it would be a QS each a day and a TS most days, just one course mostly.

I was thinking of sitting down and trying to add it up myself with a calculator and the menus. Something to convince my husband it’s a viable option.
My last food report might help - the link is in my signature. Its dining plan Vs out of pocket but I listed all the food costs for every meal and snack. The basic answer is its expensive...

I dont rent a car these days because of the car parking charges at Disney. You can take an uber to an offsite restaurant and still save significant $$$ off the price of an onsite meal. There are some really good options offsite too.

You can also Uber down to Publix or another supermarket and stock up on water, drinks and snacks for the room. Maybe get some cereal and milk for breakfasts or pop tarts/cereal bars.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

There are also restaurants in the hotel plaza blvd hotels. But I haven’t ever eaten there so cant specifically recommend any.