Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Alcohol ban?! Am I wrong?

So I've just seen on Disney food blog that there's a new alcohol ban in Florida and bars are shutting?

Please tell me I'm an idiot and I'm wrong.

Please
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Nope. Correct.

A small step in trying to stop the super spreader idiots out bar crawling. Just like 2 weeks ago in phase 1.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
Nope. Correct.

A small step in trying to stop the super spreader idiots out bar crawling. Just like 2 weeks ago in phase 1.

I'm not a big drinker, at all. But it's just one more option and choice to rip away. What's going to be open?!

:'(
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

It's a very sensible decision. You could go to a supermarket and buy some.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's a very sensible decision. You could go to a supermarket and buy some.
We stay on site, and to be honest could happily go the full holiday without a drink. For me it's just this on top of other limited openings and closures and it's just one more restriction. I don't fancy going when the shutters are down on so many places
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Absolutely sensible decision. Florida is a hot spot for it at the moment. I am surprised Disney is even reopening given the state of affairs in FL.
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by CheshireCat4 View Post
We stay on site, and to be honest could happily go the full holiday without a drink. For me it's just this on top of other limited openings and closures and it's just one more restriction. I don't fancy going when the shutters are down on so many places
Are you still going in 108 days? Are flights on? I thought it was estimated Nov/Dec?
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Over 8000 new cases today I really don't think they are doing anything right it's almost as if they are doing some sort of survival of the fittest and whoever is left then so be it

Edited at 10:32 PM.
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
Are you still going in 108 days? Are flights on? I thought it was estimated Nov/Dec?
To be honest we're hoping for a cancellation, but trying to just prepare in case it goes ahead!

I can deal with the restrictions, and it's totally not about the alcohol for me just the atmosphere if the shutters are down in lots of places.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Exhibit A: "Florida has reported a record breaking increase in coronavirus cases in the state, forcing the reimplementation of lockdown measures.

The state reported 8,942 new covid-19 cases on Friday, a drastic increase from its previous record of 5,511 on Wednesday" - independent/news/w...-a9588511.html

Exhibit B: "In Orlando, 152 coronavirus cases were linked to one bar near the University of Central Florida campus, said Dr. Raul Pino, a state health officer" - pbs/newshour/health/...virus-update-2

Exhibit C:"The one thing they all had in common: a night out at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6 in Jacksonville Beach.

Crisp, a 40-year-old health care worker from Jacksonville, said she’s been sick for eight days, and 15 of her friends have also tested positive for COVID-19." - news4jax/news/local/...out-at-lynchs/

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 10:32 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List