Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

What is the point- renewing marriage vows?

My driving licence is valid so I won't be sitting another driving test and my marriage certificate is valid so why would I need to renew my marriage vows?

So what an absolute waste of time renewing something that's already Valid. Some say to prove you are still in love, so if I don't renew my marriage vows does that mean I'm not in love (wouldn't I also likely divorce if I'm not in love).

In the words of the Catherine Tate's Nana character "what a load of old @@@@."
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s a good excuse for a party.

My sil had a small wedding as they were living abroad at the time and not many friends / family could make it.

10 years later they had a much more traditional ‘wedding’ with a vow renewal.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Load of cods wallop MH 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s a good excuse for a party.

My sil had a small wedding as they were living abroad at the time and not many friends / family could make it.

10 years later they had a much more traditional ‘wedding’ with a vow renewal.
I get having an anniversary celebration (especially after a decade), but I still don't get a wedding vow renewal.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

An opportunity for a bride who didn’t like her first dress to buy another and not invite guests that the couple have fallen out with over the years! 😂😂😂
And by the way it’s not me lol!
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

I invested 7/6 back in February 1967 on a marriage licence and the best 37.5 new pence I ever spent. Absolutely no need to prove anything to anybody.

Mick

Edited at 05:29 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
From observation of the type of enquiries I get in my line of work, it is usually either if they have overcome a challenging period, or, in most cases, merely a celebration of their love for each other (still) after so many years.

Most like to tie it in with a anniversary, and it is a lovely excuse for a party, and for some, the wedding of their dreams if they didn't splash out first time round.

I think it's rather sweet, my daughters often say they would have loved to see us get married and share it with us as they adore the relationship we have and love looking through our wedding photos.

Each to their own I suppose.

By the way, my husband would do anything for me bless him but he would struggle to spend loads of money on the above mentioned blessing/renewal as he would be on the same side as you and wouldn't see the need to do so to prove to anybody even each other, that we are still well and truly in love. He would rather spend it on the house or pop more into the premium bonds!
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

If someone’s cheated and they need reminding of the rules 😆🤔
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I for one would not be renewing anything with them!
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
That actually made me laugh (few dibbers make me laugh especially the old dibb girls).