Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Dec 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Fingers crossed for the vaccine! I think you guys have approved the Moderna and Pfizer now haven't you? Not sure if you have the same system as us in that the elderly & vulnerable will be vaccinated first. Sounds like you guys have been lucky with the cases though 👍🏻 Not been to PEI but been to 4 provinces overall, I was due to emigrate there but unfortunately my Fiancé died so I couldn't bring myself to do it alone in the end. I haven't been for 10 years now but would love to go back and make some new memories!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas! 🎄
So very sorry to hear about your fiance. How devastating for you. I hope you have, or will find happiness with some one else. Yes we have Moderna now from yesterday. PEI is very different to the other bigger provinces, as it is so much smaller. We love it here. Our beautiful daughter and her hubby are here, and live next door. So perfect for us. I hope you do get back to Canada and get to visit with your relatives.
Hope you have an amazing Christmas, and hopefully a better new for us all. Take care and be safe. Jo x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Will BA also be needing a negative pcr/lft?

Is this something thats need to be arranged before leaving home or is it done at the gate?

My student son has a flight to New York in January and I can't see anything on the BA site.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Will BA also be needing a negative pcr/lft?

Is this something thats need to be arranged before leaving home or is it done at the gate?

My student son has a flight to New York in January and I can't see anything on the BA site.
Currently New York you need a negative test for all flights and you have to quarantine in a centre for 14 days on arrival form the UK (wef - may be different come January) but they (The Governor of New York) want to stop all flights from UK to New York (no exceptions) - check the Government FCO website or google rules as airlines tend to lag a bit behind
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Currently New York you need a negative test for all flights and you have to quarantine in a centre for 14 days on arrival form the UK (wef - may be different come January) but they (The Governor of New York) want to stop all flights from UK to New York (no exceptions) - check the Government FCO website or google rules as airlines tend to lag a bit behind
Oh my, this isn't good. Do they have specific centres to quarantine in?
He's going to NJ - can he quarantine there instead at his dorm? His uni insist on 14 day quarantine anyway.
Hope they don't cancel all the UK/NY flights but if they do we can look at alternate airports and we would've booked Newark but BA have cancelled those flights for now
I'll keep an eye on it - it seems very fluid just now, thanks.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Oh my, this isn't good. Do they have specific centres to quarantine in?
He's going to NJ - can he quarantine there instead at his dorm? His uni insist on 14 day quarantine anyway.
Hope they don't cancel all the UK/NY flights but if they do we can look at alternate airports and we would've booked Newark but BA have cancelled those flights for now
I'll keep an eye on it - it seems very fluid just now, thanks.
It isnt looking very promising for him

Here is an excerpt from The Guardian but it is all over the news

In New York City, the mayor, Bill de Blasio, announced that authorities would personally visit all travellers from the UK to check that they are observing quarantine rules.

The US will only allow travellers from the UK under certain circumstances, for example Americans stranded abroad, family members or limited categories of visas holders.

Share your story
Share your stories
If you have been affected or have any information, we'd like to hear from you. You can get in touch by filling in the form below, anonymously if you wish or contact us via WhatsApp by clicking here or adding the contact +44(0)7867825056. Only the Guardian can see your contributions and one of our journalists may contact you to discuss further.

Tell us
“We’re going to have sheriff’s deputies go to the home or hotel of every single traveller coming in from the UK,” he told a press conference on Wednesday.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
So very sorry to hear about your fiance. How devastating for you. I hope you have, or will find happiness with some one else. Yes we have Moderna now from yesterday. PEI is very different to the other bigger provinces, as it is so much smaller. We love it here. Our beautiful daughter and her hubby are here, and live next door. So perfect for us. I hope you do get back to Canada and get to visit with your relatives.
Hope you have an amazing Christmas, and hopefully a better new for us all. Take care and be safe. Jo x
Thank you! 🙂

Have a lovely Christmas with your family, great that they live next door especially in these times!

Enjoy your day 🎄
Angela x
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just seen this. Not sure what it means for borders but thought it may be of interest to some.

disneyfoodblog/2021/...malcy-by-fall/
Old 15 Feb 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

What are peoples thoughts on our 2 countries having some kind of travel corridor? We're both doing well with the vaccinations so I'm hoping something will be organised in the near future.
Old 15 Feb 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What are peoples thoughts on our 2 countries having some kind of travel corridor? We're both doing well with the vaccinations so I'm hoping something will be organised in the near future.
I really hope this is the case

We are hoping to go at the end of May if possible

We could go the long way around and via elsewhere for 2 weeks but I’d like to be able to just go straight there .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I really hope this is the case

We are hoping to go at the end of May if possible

We could go the long way around and via elsewhere for 2 weeks but I’d like to be able to just go straight there .
I'd love to go that soon, I hope you can get there