Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Dec 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
This is what FSR looked like at the junction of Formosa Gardens Boulevard for years.

If you fancied wrecking the hire car's suspension you could drive on past the Westgate development through 90% potholes towards Entry Point Bvd. In Nov 2019 they were doing serious roadworks at the end of FSR where it met EPB so we couldn't use it all the way. DonnaD told me that those roadworks were completed early 2020 but obviously all the locals now use it to get across to North Old Lake Wilson and the "new" Walmart.

Mick
I like the new Walmart , handy for Livingstone and Rolling hills too
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I like the new Walmart , handy for Livingstone and Rolling hills too
I found the car park layout a little challenging and found it easier leaving at the northern set of traffic lights. The southern set had to contend with oncoming traffic if turning left on NOLWR. At the northern set you have a dedicated left turn with no oncoming traffic.

But I don't really mind because Walmart at Cagan Crossings is so much nearer.

You know that things are desperate when I have to post so much detail about traffic lights. I'll be talking soon about a couple of locations where I know you can't turn on red.

Mick
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I found the car park layout a little challenging and found it easier leaving at the northern set of traffic lights. The southern set had to contend with oncoming traffic if turning left on NOLWR. At the northern set you have a dedicated left turn with no oncoming traffic.

But I don't really mind because Walmart at Cagan Crossings is so much nearer.

You know that things are desperate when I have to post so much detail about traffic lights. I'll be talking soon about a couple of locations where I know you can't turn on red.

Mick
Nothing wrong with talking traffic lights mick, it’s like the good old days
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Nothing wrong with talking traffic lights mick, it’s like the good old days
If you insist

Leaving I-4 eastbound to go east on Sand Lake Road. I guess because the two right turn lanes split very quickly and the left of them becomes the lane to go north on I-Drive.

Leaving Posner Park north on the 27. Also has two separate right turn lanes.

Poll following as to who's bored already.

Mick
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

SF

And made worse by all the new housing that's sprung up down Westside Boulevard southwards.

The junction at Westside/Funie Steed was also pretty tricky but they made it a 4-way sometime in 2019. We used it in Nov 2019 but saw it abused a lot and according to DonnaD there had been a few crashes. Donna told me a few weeks ago that they'd now put a light on it. But as with the vast majority of lights you can turn right on red. So from WB right into FSR will still be easy but the reverse journey will be much safer with the light

Mick
Only talk of a light so far!
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Only talk of a light so far!
Thanks Donna - I got a bit excited and sorry for misquoting you. Have the prangs settled down a bit? It used to be teachers didn't it?

Unofficial poll time. Chances of Mick & Joan driving through that junction in April 2021 or will it be November 2021?

Mick

Edited at 07:42 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Thanks Donna - I got a bit excited and sorry for misquoting you. Have the prangs settled down a bit? It used to be teachers didn't it?

Unofficial poll time. Chances of Mick & Joan driving through that junction in April 2021 or will it be November 2021?

Mick
One incident before they added the 4 way stop was definitely teachers who worked together! They need to add one on Funie Steed and Entry Point now. People stopping on Entry Point despite it not having stop signs has become a real danger now the traffic has increased.
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick
You are not the only one who finds that Walmart car park a challenge Ian refuses to even use that Walmart but we have 3 very close any way
That 4 way junction is like the one just left of us if we want to get on to the 17/92 there is talk of a light there and at the junction of Bates and the 17/92 another nightmare junction if you want to turn right
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
One incident before they added the 4 way stop was definitely teachers who worked together! They need to add one on Funie Steed and Entry Point now. People stopping on Entry Point despite it not having stop signs has become a real danger now the traffic has increased.
Thanks Donna.

Just thought of another "no turn on red" - I'm leading a sad life at present.

Turning right out of Sand Mine Road (near CVS) to go north on 27. Doesn't follow my theory of two lanes turning right though. I see there's another major residential development planned on SMR between CVS and the school.

Mick
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Great info as usual mick, I would add the 4 way junction (school) close to Bahama Bay gets busy first thing and late afternoon, but beyond that it’s a straight run to Funie Steed/Sherbeth/192
We stayed in BB in 2015, found the drive to the parks easy and quick. But be mindful at the start and end of the school day there is a strict speed limit (flashing lights tell you when its in effect), we would often see police cars checking it was being aheared to
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List