Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Im really not sure either. We're booked for Oct and personally, i cant see it happening right now with how the UK and US are. I think Biden will issue more safety hoops to gain access to the states, poss 72h neg test before flight being the main one, which to me would make my anxiety sky rocket (just the thought of getting that close to your holiday then if one party member is positive - your holiday is over with - and how insurances would deal with it... Then the chance of us all having the vaccines in time...

But this is just me, probably being a negative Nancy when we're still 9 months away from travel day, i do keep my fingers crossed and hope other optimistic dibbers are on the money xx

Edited at 09:41 AM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’m booked for August. I was feeling quite confident but I’m not anymore. I think we might be in a good place by August but I’m not so sure about the usa.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I'm feeling it's 50/50 for August. Read a couple things saying UK might be wise to opt for travel ban to prevent vaccine resistant virus being imported.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

The short answer is no, we will not be travelling this year.
Spain has reportedly already said they expect to see 70% of the UK population vaccinated before they allow travel, I don't see every country going down this route by the seed is being sown.
On the other side of the coin, I cannot see the UK lifting inbound quarantine for some time, if anything given how slow the government response has been they are more likely to completely close the country down before they think of allowing more travel.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
We have decided to cancel our Oct 21 trip. Two young kids with us so don't feel its right to put them through all the mask wearing.

Can't see it being much fun trying to keep a mask on a 4 and 6 Yr old in that heat.
Have you just cancelled totally and lost deposit?
I want to get mine sorted but dont really want to lose £550 and to move it they want £150!
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am booked for September too and I hope so, although as times goes on I get less and less optimistic. I estimate I am less than 50:50 confident at the moment. I am generally reconciled to the fact that we may need to reorganise again though.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The last time I posted on a similar thread to this regarding our July-August trip, I said I was 20/80, and I think I'm broadly similar now.

As I said then - lots of things need to line up, and on BOTH sides of the Atlantic, for simple holidays to take place, and by that I mean not needing to isolate/quarantine at either end.

I doubt many people would consider a holiday if they had to quarantine for, say, 14 days upon arrival in the US, although some would still choose to if they had to quarantine upon their return to the UK only.

I think we'd still go if we did not have to quarantine in the US but did have to when we get home, as we intentionally booked earlier in the school holidays to allow enough contingency quarantine time for my son to return to school, and my partner to work (in a school). I work for myself at home, so there'd be no issue there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I really worry for the travel industry. We are going to judge the situation in July, and decide then whether or not to push back our November trip. At the moment, the company we booked with are only allowing free amendments for holidays booked up to October so trying to avoid those fees if we can aswell!
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would guess it will be similar to 2020 - a small opportunity to visit selected European destinations. Maybe USA much later this year?
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
I really worry for the travel industry. We are going to judge the situation in July, and decide then whether or not to push back our November trip. At the moment, the company we booked with are only allowing free amendments for holidays booked up to October so trying to avoid those fees if we can aswell!
Which company is this? We booked with virgin for Oct but they only allowing free amendments upto August 😡
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List