Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Gumtree

Does anyone use gumtree?

I responded to an ad 10 mins after it was added... and got no response

And the ad was updateD hours Later to say sold.

Is my message getting through or am I doing something wrong?!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CG1
Excited about Disney

I'd say its likely there were others who got in before you. Sometimes Sellars might change a status to sold pending pickup or just leave an ad until the item has been collected. When I am selling things (not on Gumtree) I try and message people to say their next in line etc but there might have been too many to do that with.
CG1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Thank you. I've messaged various people about various things and not one has responded. Which makes me worry that my messages aren't getting through 🙁
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Thank you. I've messaged various people about various things and not one has responded. Which makes me worry that my messages aren't getting through 🙁
Ive just reposted an ad I had up, you are welcome to message me and I will let you know if I get it

gumtree/p/mobility-d...mat/1391955388
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Ive just reposted an ad I had up, you are welcome to message me and I will let you know if I get it

gumtree/p/mobility-d...mat/1391955388
Ohh thank you - I've just sent a response!
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I got your message, so they are definitely getting through
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Ah brilliant - thank you!
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

I’ve been using freecycle to get rid of items as moving house in the next few weeks. Everything item I advertise gets multiple people requesting it. (I have tried to be polite and reply, but there’s too many to manage)
One guy who came for my Shark steam mop, sent me a thank you message for something different entirely! He also sent me a request for a bag of nerf guns! I get a feeling there are professionals out there who are making a living getting free items to then sell on for a profit.
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We use gumtree all the time. It's cheaper/easier than using the local refuse tip!

When we moved in our house we had an old concrete garage in the back garden, we paid someone to remove the roof that was asbestos, then put the rest of it on gumtree for free uplift. After batting off those that wanted it dismantling, delivering and reerected for free... we finally had someone come round, take it down and take it away. Saved me a fortune in skip hire and several hours of hard labour!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I was selling something on gumtree once and never heard from anyone but whilst clearing my emails a few months later it seems that any correspondence went to junk mail so it must of looked like I wasn’t responding to people.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List