Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 May 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Ponchos do not have a part in the PPMs holiday plans. Wet rides... you get wet... rain? The water is warm ...you get wet.

It would be really nice today...95 deg F again,
That's just you though - if people want to wear ponchos then they're entitled to do so. There's no right or wrong.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We wear them in the rain. But the biggest problem in the rain is wet feet so if we predict it will rain all day we wear sandals as wet socks/trainers is not a lot of fun.

In Florida there’s rain and there’s RAIN. and when it really chucks it down a poncho offers a little protection.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kem99
Trying for More Ears

Only problem I found was that if you get wet and don't get a chance to dry before going somewhere with air con.
Went back in the bus once wet and I was absolutely freezing ~ hypothermia and sunburn at the same time!
Old 25 May 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We wear poncho if rain comes on, as it is so heavy at times, going about with soaking clothes is not much fun.
Sometime rain can come on for a long period, so it gives you some protection, so when it stops you are dry, but everyone is different I personally hate soaked through.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
quizzer
Getting to know the DIBB

Most importantly, I learnt the hard way not to wear denim shorts the day I'm doing water rides - ponchos or not, it's no fun having a wet a$$ all day!

(plus it's not a good look...)
quizzer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

I ordered plenty of cheap ones on the internet for our August holidayand the first week we never needed them... DH thought I’d gone mad but pack a few in our park bag I did! By the end of our 16 day holiday we only had a few left as the remaining time brought very heavy afternoon downpours! Lots of people were asking us where we’d bought them as they were soaked to the skin but didn’t want to pay Disney prices! Ponchos and rain proof sandals were the best two pieces of advice we were given but we never used them for rides!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We just go for cover if it starts. A bit of water will dry out but torrential soaking wet is another thing, but I’m not wearing a poncho or a jacket. IMO I would be so uncomfortable walking around in the pouring rain in one.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by quizzer View Post
Most importantly, I learnt the hard way not to wear denim shorts the day I'm doing water rides - ponchos or not, it's no fun having a wet a$$ all day!

(plus it's not a good look...)
Yes, I was going to say that. Hate walking around in wet undies We buy the Poundland cheapy ponchos.