Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

As other have rightly said TC and TCA are 2 separate entities. This said it is a personal decision and it all depends on how much of a worrier you are - it is hard to put a price on peace of mind so if this is the sort of thing that worries you then maybe look elsewhere and enjoy the planning. I say this as a very relaxed type of over-planner who springs into action when things go wrong, however my mum was the opposite and really could not take this type of uncertainty so any holidays I helped her to arrange were always very secure! We first flew with TCA in April, are going again in 9 days (). When I am tentatively looking for next year we are also considering TC over VA for flight quality and price (we travel PE from Manchester).
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
As other have rightly said TC and TCA are 2 separate entities. This said it is a personal decision and it all depends on how much of a worrier you are - it is hard to put a price on peace of mind so if this is the sort of thing that worries you then maybe look elsewhere and enjoy the planning. I say this as a very relaxed type of over-planner who springs into action when things go wrong, however my mum was the opposite and really could not take this type of uncertainty so any holidays I helped her to arrange were always very secure! We first flew with TCA in April, are going again in 9 days (). When I am tentatively looking for next year we are also considering TC over VA for flight quality and price (we travel PE from Manchester).
Hi I’m being clueless but what is PE?
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Premium economy, from Manchester only TCA and VA run direct flights to MCO and we like the perks of the PE class. We tried it once as 'a treat' and it has become a (rather expensive) habit!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I would have no problems booking with TC, we went last year with them and they were great. Yes they have some uncertainty at the moment but not booking with them will just help to seal their fate
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Been this year, booked for next year. They have brought up the financial reason again because of winter period coming. They will be down on profit like every year during winter. Tui is in a worse state.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Don't Delay!

I found a great Thomas Cook flight price on Tuesday and wish I'd booked at the time.

I went online last night and they have increased by £150 per person and as there are 5 of us that is a lot of money

Checked again this morning and still just as expensive.

I would say if it is a price you are happy with then book it straight away.
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHighlands
Earning More Ears

Thanks for replies everyone.

Compared to VA, the price difference is huge. The main issue is that if anything goes wrong we have to find a flight for 13 people. I would happily go with TC, but not everyone in the group is (particularly the other half).
DisneyHighlands is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

What about TUI, or one of the US airlines? Do either of these do the route you want? BA can do some good prices on fly drives and save you having to pay for all the flights right away. Just some other options that may shave a bit off the VA price for you.
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHighlands
Earning More Ears

Unfortunately not, only direct flights from MAN to ORL are VA and TC. Condor is another option, but they to are part of the TC group.
DisneyHighlands is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Quick tip for VA flights - check the price with Delta and Air France, they code share so are the same plane, direct from Man to MCO but are often cheaper for the same plane - nope no idea why but you can sometimes get 3 different prices for the same ticket, same plane! TUI go to sanford which is nice but smaller, and roughly only an extra 15-20 minute drive time, though there may be another reason this wont work for you.