Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile Should I pay the TC price or hold off?

Hi just looking for some advice... on a whim today l looked at TCA for August 2020 and direct return from LGW to MCO is coming out at £4,200 for 3A,1 teen and 1 child... is this
reasonable or should I hold out now for the 11months out?
Any thoughts would be good as i have very little experience of decent flight prices!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn't book a thing with TC until you know it's future is secure. It's a decent company but some people on here want to shut down any warning or realist reports on TC.
It is in dire straights. Some on here were saying no problem, it will be sold. Tons of suitors for it's airline etc. Nope.
In the end the only proposal was Fosum doing a debt for equity swap. This meant their shareholders getting a few pennies in the pound.
That hasn't happened either yet and TC now need an urgent £150m to keep going whilst they hopefully pull off this deal, totally shafting their shareholders who may not agree.
Shares are now at a junk 6 pence each.
If you book and it goes under you should be protected but then have the hassle of finding new flights at possibly more money.
I'm waiting to book a LAX flight with TC for next summer, but will not do until I know it's managed to pull off it's recussitation deal.

Edited at 02:03 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Just as a comparison. We are here now. Booked 9 months out and paid £3,800 for 2 adults and 3 kids direct with Virgin (though from Manchester). There will always be people who pay more than than and always people that pay less. Main thing is you are happy with the price. For me I had a price of £4,000 is was happy with so kept on checking until I got that price.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

TCA is separate from the holiday company TCA is not in trouble, if you think it’s a good price and you are happy to fly with them book it. I can’t comment on price as I have not flown TCA and it’s not an airline I would chose but many love it
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I have to ask how anyone thinks almost a £1000 a ticket is a good price. We stop at anything near £600 each and thats for August. Why not go indirect and save a fortune. Go via Dublin and do preclearence there which will of set some of the extra travel time, or stop in the USA where you can stretch your legs, get a good meal so you arrive in Orlando refreshed. Almost cutting that flight price in half.

Our friends booked Gatwick direct to MCO in September for August this year and it cost around £1500 for 2A, 1 teen and 2C with BA during their sale.

Originally Posted by Clarkd3 View Post
Hi just looking for some advice... on a whim today l looked at TCA for August 2020 and direct return from LGW to MCO is coming out at £4,200 for 3A,1 teen and 1 child... is this
reasonable or should I hold out now for the 11months out?
Any thoughts would be good as i have very little experience of decent flight prices!
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Personally I wouldn't book a thing with TC until you know it's future is secure. It's a decent company but some people on here want to shut down any warning or realist reports on TC.
I personally have a package booked (flights & accommodation) for next year with TC and yes I'm covered by ABTA/ATOL, but I'd still recommend TC all day long over VS/BA.. but this is just me and I'll continue to advise others to book but to remember to have proper protection/insurance in place.

I think everyone who uses TC on this forum are fully aware of their current situation, but I don't think it's a case that they're shutting down any warning or realist reports, but it's the fact that there's been many people scare mongering (I'm not saying you're scaremongering at all) meaning these people are going out of their way to prevent people booking with TC/TCA, which ultimately adds to TC current situation.

OP, if the price is right, absolutely go ahead and book it... but please ensure you book with either a CC or ensure your insurance covers supplier end failure however IMO £4,200 is pretty steep just for flights so I'd hold out if I were you.

Edited at 08:10 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Compared to what other have paid for august I'd say the price isn't good sometimes it's hard not to book as you want it all set in stone but it often pays to wait a little x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We paid £4200 last August for 2a & 2 teens, but that included flights, car & villa.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

I’d be looking for under £450 indirect or £600 direct pp.

As a comparison we’ve just returned from our trip and paid just over £3k for 2A 2C, Direct BA flights from LGW, 2 weeks at Rosen Shingle Creek and 3 nights at the beach (booked via BA site in Sept last year).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We have the luxury of not having to travel in school holidays so our flight prices are always cheaper, Have you looked at odd days, they often work out cheaper, we have previously had 7, 11, 13, 17 19 day trips depending on the cost and this is all with Thomas Cook,who incidentally we book with all the time since we fell out with the red airline, We are going in October, next September and just waiting for holiday dates to book for next March. Play about with your dates and days ( if you can) and if you are happy with the price then book it.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List