Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Direct going, indirect coming back

Thinking of doing this for August next year to keep the cost down. This is our first time doing DIY. Do I just book separate flights? Or does it work out cheaper to do a return? Anyone done this?
Thanks x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I would do indirect going and direct back as allows you to sleep easier on the plane, it’s always cheaper if you book as one ticket and much easier
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

One way tickets will always be more expensive than a return ticket, of course unless a really good cheap deals comes up both ways. I agree with 'scottsman' by choice I would also do indirect outward and direct on the homebound flight.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

You can book it directly with the likes of BA, you would choose "Multi-City" on the first screen and put in your required routing.

If possible would suggest indirect out and direct back - if you were to arrive into another US destination (or Dublin) before arrival at Orlando you would clear customs there and arrive as a domestic passenger in Orlando which saves you time when you get there.
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
One way tickets will always be more expensive than a return ticket, of course unless a really good cheap deals comes up both ways.
It depends on the airline(s) used. With legacy carriers (e.g. BA, Virgin, AA, United, Delta), one ways will be more expensive because these airlines only sell the most expensive flexible fare classes on one way long haul tickets.

With low cost or tour operator airlines (e.g. Thomas Cook, Norwegian), "point to point" pricing is used and one-ways can usually be booked without any significant premium.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you use someone like skyscanner or kayak then will give you direct and indirect options (on the same return journey) then you can see what they offer. I wouldn't ever book them separately. We are going on 14th August for 2 weeks (myself and my daughter) and got our flights direct Manchester to Orlando on the way out and indirect (via NY) on the way back. Cost was £1050 odd for both of us with Virgin.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just to be different,if mixing, I'd go direct outbound, where l do not want the risk of missing my connecting flight due to immigration or late arrival and indirect on the return, with a nice gap between flights, so I can relax and have a meal before getting on the long haul back to the UK. Find this more relaxing and I'm sure less stressful.
But if I'm going indirect, I'm generally doing it to save money, so the price comes into play also.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had our first experience of indirect on our return in July, MCO-Boston- Heathrow, it was booked as a return with Virgin although the domestic flight was Delta. Practically, it was really easy and fortunately there were no delays so from that point of view I’d be happy to do again. However what I didn’t really consider is that you have the waiting around in airports twice and because we had 3 hours between flights that was between 5-6 hours at airport plus the time on 2 flights it did feel far longer than the one flight, particularly as the last flight was a night flight departing at 10:30 and none of us slept. So I think from my point of view I’d rather connect on the way out and fly home direct.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’d also agree with Fredflintstone. Indirect on the way home, direct on the way out. Less stressful for me. I don’t really care if we arrive home later than planned but would be gutted to lose precious hours in Orlando.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

We are planning on this for next April. Hoping for a price of around £350 booked through Delta but operated by Virgin.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List