Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jun 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Off on Sunday - hints & tips please

We're off to France in a couple of days.

We're staying in an appartment in Serris and have fantasy AP. We've not been to DLP for 5 years so I expect a lot has changed.

There will be me, DW, DD (19) and DS (17)

I thought I'd canvass for some random hints and tips in the few hours before we go.

Over to you, fire away
Old 29 Jun 12, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you're there at the weekend, make sure you use your Fastpass. Crush's Coaster is a major draw at Disney Studios, get there early or be prepared to queue for a long time!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 12, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

yes crush coaster is a nightmare , you need to be at the studios I would say 45mins before the park opens if you want to get on it fairly early on and run to crushs coaster as soon as the doors open or you will queue for ages all day! Ive seen 2hour queues for that before when we have been

I am still surprised how popular this is even though its been open a few years now!

toy story playland was another busy one when we were there, so again, we got there early on a different day so that we were there when the rope dropped for it as when the gates open, you go into the park, then the toy story playland was still roped off so we all had to wait again! choose which one you want to go on the most to go to first, then head straight for the other one afterwards!

but, more importantly, have a great time, and lots of fun!

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 12, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Look out for your free drinks vouchers when youbuystuff during the day..they are usually valid between 3 and 6:30 and even if you dont want a drink you can use them to get bottles of water

Also the rides really quieter down after about 7. We stayed in late one night and practically walked straight on to a lot of the big rides
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 12, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

thats a very good tip about the water
and I hope that the rides are quiet in the evening in august too!
x

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 12, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
We're off to France in a couple of days.

We're staying in an appartment in Serris and have fantasy AP. We've not been to DLP for 5 years so I expect a lot has changed.

There will be me, DW, DD (19) and DS (17)

I thought I'd canvass for some random hints and tips in the few hours before we go.

Over to you, fire away
Firstly - Have a fantastic time!
Check out the foyer of the Disneyland Hotel for characters. They used to come out around 4pm each day. You don't have to be staying there to go in and have a look. If you pop into the foyer and pick up the pink news sheet the times will be on it - or just ask at reception. Its been a great way for us to see a few characters without the queues on Main Street.
Hope this is useful!
Jan
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 12, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Jan , thats an excellent tip! I need to remember that! thank you xx

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Old 29 Jun 12, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Do Dreams at least once. Unmissable.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 12, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Just a quick reminder if you are driving to France have you got your breathalysers for the car, this becomes law from tomorrow, also remember your florescent jacket, this needs to be kept in the car with you not in the boot.

Have a lovely time
thehails is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 12, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thehails View Post
Just a quick reminder if you are driving to France have you got your breathalysers for the car, this becomes law from tomorrow, also remember your florescent jacket, this needs to be kept in the car with you not in the boot.

Have a lovely time
Yes. Spent over £50 in halfords on bulbs, breathalysers, triangle etc.

I just hope we don't need any of it.