Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 10 Jun 15, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Would love to hear more about your time there - would love to experience 6 months in a city like Toronto. We're you only there during Winter? I can't imagine how cold it gets.
I was working at the Telus office in Scarborough about 20 minutes from downtown. My employer put me in serviced apartments - the first 3 months before Christmas was at 33 Bay Street next to the Air Canada Centre and then after Christmas I was on Blue Jays Way about 100 yards from the Rogers Centre. Loved every minute of it. Loved the experience and would move there without a doubt in the future. It was a different kind of cold to back home. Not as wet and not as unpleasant as you'd think. The Christmas market at the Distillery District (right where you were in your photos) was fantastic.

We enjoyed ourselves that much the wife got pregnant whilst we were there!
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 15, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
I was working at the Telus office in Scarborough about 20 minutes from downtown. My employer put me in serviced apartments - the first 3 months before Christmas was at 33 Bay Street next to the Air Canada Centre and then after Christmas I was on Blue Jays Way about 100 yards from the Rogers Centre. Loved every minute of it. Loved the experience and would move there without a doubt in the future. It was a different kind of cold to back home. Not as wet and not as unpleasant as you'd think. The Christmas market at the Distillery District (right where you were in your photos) was fantastic.

We enjoyed ourselves that much the wife got pregnant whilst we were there!
Sounds like a fab experience. Love the sound of the Christmas market in the Distillery District too. Will have to do a bit of searching and read up about that.

You were living very close to where we stayed. I really liked the location - it seemed handy for most of what we wanted to do.

A 'Made in Toronto' baby too - that's some souvenir!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 15, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Sounds like a fab experience. Love the sound of the Christmas market in the Distillery District too. Will have to do a bit of searching and read up about that.

You were living very close to where we stayed. I really liked the location - it seemed handy for most of what we wanted to do.

A 'Made in Toronto' baby too - that's some souvenir!
Most expensive trip I've been on!
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

...just catching up...

So that's what the market looks like then? - LOL

Just don't go on a Sunday morning folks!

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day again! Scotland Yard looks good for food! Drinks so early too! My kind of holiday!

Did you find food / drink to be quite reasonable in general? Is it similar to Florida / NYC?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 15, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great day again! Scotland Yard looks good for food! Drinks so early too! My kind of holiday!

Did you find food / drink to be quite reasonable in general? Is it similar to Florida / NYC?
Food wasn't too badly priced from what I remember, and it's like anywhere really in that you can find menus for all budgets. Beer was on a par price wise, but wine was quite a bit more expensive. The good thing was that you get almost 2 Canadian dollars to the pound, which sorts of offsets it really. Yesterday's meal was was about £40, which included beer and wine - not bad at all I don't think. Our food today was a particular bargain with breakfast costing less than £15 for both of us including drinks, and our late lunch cost a similar amount (without drinks this time). Goodness knows how much we spent on alcohol today though!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The market sounds interesting, followed by a leisurely afternoon with a glass of wine, or 3! I imagine it all helped your enjoyment of the baseball later on.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List