Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Oct 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hpmpap
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, just wanted to share what we were told when we rang AOA to ask about how dogs staying worked. Cast member said only certain rooms in certain areas would be dog friendly rooms and made a record with our booking that we didn't want to be near there or in a room that had had dogs in.
So seems easy to sort out whether you do or don't want to be near dogs. She did say we should have requested when we booked but pointed out we booked a long time ago before the dog decision was made by Disney. So if you haven't booked yet then make sure you state when booking if you have a preference. Unfortunately she couldn't or wouldn't say which areas were designated as dog friendly so not handy if you have a specific block or floor in mind.
Hope that helps someone out there xx
hpmpap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hpmpap View Post
Hi, just wanted to share what we were told when we rang AOA to ask about how dogs staying worked. Cast member said only certain rooms in certain areas would be dog friendly rooms and made a record with our booking that we didn't want to be near there or in a room that had had dogs in.
So seems easy to sort out whether you do or don't want to be near dogs. She did say we should have requested when we booked but pointed out we booked a long time ago before the dog decision was made by Disney. So if you haven't booked yet then make sure you state when booking if you have a preference. Unfortunately she couldn't or wouldn't say which areas were designated as dog friendly so not handy if you have a specific block or floor in mind.
Hope that helps someone out there xx
Thats good to hear...I really hope they stick to those certain rooms!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Haven't read the last 10 pages but:

I for one wouldn't take my dogs to WDW for fear of the amount of unruly kids running around who would undoubtedly want to pull on their tails or poke their eyes, then heaven forbid my softies even looked at said brat the wrong way, it'd be pups fault!

In all seriousness though, it doesn't bother me, I love dogs, mine don't stink (well the wee one does just now but she's been rolling in god knows what today and is getting launched in the bath soon), pee on the floor, poop on the floor or bark all day long BUT I wouldn't take them to WDW. I just don't see how it could be in their best interests, I certainly wouldn't be leaving them locked in a room all day away from their normal surroundings...and I can guarantee you mine would be on the beds the second my back was turned. They're not allowed but if doors were left open they'd be up the stairs like a shot, snuggled down before I'd locked the front door

I also agree that some owners can have the rose tinted glasses on when it comes to behaviour. My lab wants to meet everyone he passes, everyone does not want to meet him so I walk him on a halti otherwise we'd be going in the direction he wanted regardless what I thought. I'd like to think owners taking their dogs to WDW would have the same consideration but that comes down to the individual. I do feel for those with allergies and genuine phobias but I don't think this will end in a mass increase of dogs on property.
Noise, inconsideration for others, unsupervised. Sounds more like some of the children we’ve come into contact with running wild in the restaurants and hallways at times. There are good dog owners and poor ones, just the same as good parents and dare I say not so good ones.