Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 12, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Wifi in an AOA villa

Hiya,
We are booked into an AOA villa from 2 - 16 July this year. Because it is AOA, I can't obviously get a huge amOunt of information. I do know that it will either be in Kissimmee, Davenport or Championsgate. Can anyone reassure me that these communities are decent and easily accessible to Disney/universal parks please? Also, he can't confirm whether we will have wifi or not...I am just hopeful that in this day and age that most (all) of the villas will have? Anyone have any ideas on this? Free international calls would be nice too

Thanks everyone,
Clare x
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
with AOA you wont know what the villa will have until you open the door.

I book directly with the owner and have yet to book one with free international calls, though there are villas with this not all do..its just never been one of the things on my 'must have' list

I have stayed in villas in Kissimme, davenport and Clermont and all these areas are nice ..

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
It all depends on the villa owner if they mainly use there home for tour operator bookings chances are there will be no wifi as it is an expense they do not want to bear as the tour operators pay owners very little, so a lot of aoa villas are very basic but not all of them there are some that will have all the things you want aoa is really the luck of the draw as to what the management agent has available on the day you arrive.

You could be allocated one close to disney on the other hand you could end up 20 miles away.

AOA with free international calls possible but don't hold your breath.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We've done AOA several times but never had wifi. There are plenty of places you can go to get wifi but you will be very lucky if you get it in your villa. Each villa has been lovely but not had the extra features which you would get if you booked direct.

This year we have booked a specific villa with wifi as OH decided it was important to him and was therefore worth paying the extra.
Old 3 Jun 12, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Have to agree with everyone else. AOA is unlikely to have wifi and even more unlikely to have free international calls, we have been lucky sometimes to have local calls!

There are plenty of restaurants and other places that have free wifi so that should be your best option.

Usually to get free wifi you have to book individual villas. The only time we had free wifi was when the neighbour did not have it password protected but there were loads using the same one and it kept crashing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Midsummer
Imagineer

Also bear in mind even if you have free local calls, it is very limited in the US. You may not even be able to phone a number over the road. It all goes on supplier and the area.
Midsummer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 12, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post

We are here at moment in AOA and we have wifi wasn't expecting it so a bonus for us:-)
Old 4 Jun 12, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you have not got wifi when you get there and you would like internet access at your villa, rather than going to Starbucks etc, then you can always buy a broadband dongle from Walmart... the prices have come down considerably...e.g. Virgin Mobile Broadband is c$50 for the dongle.
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 12, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post

We are here at the moment. Booked 3 bed aoa villa thro virgin. I do have wifi. In Hampton lakes, which is ok, a little further from Disney/ universal than anticipated. But all in all very nice.
Old 4 Jun 12, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread