Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
I am not jealous as people have said but if disney are spreading 'magic' over peoples accounts to make them happy.. What about the people who now are going to suffer an extra busy resort with people who have taken all the upgraded rooms (less chance for us to get on arrival) and have paid a lot less!

I have emailed Disney about this - not sure if anything will happen but it's worth an email.
Were you hoping for an upgraded room FOC at your Resort?

Years ago guests staying at Value Resorts were upgraded to SSR. It's always happening at Disney.
Old 2 Mar 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Yeah it's not been the best situation to be in to be honest. Knowing that after all the excitement and best laid plans we may be staying on a construction site that looks nothing like the beautiful brochure pictures we were promised. Knowing that money thats been worked hard for could end up feeling wasted. We didn't choose CBR because it was cheaper (by all of £90 at the time we booked BTW) we chose it because the kids were excited by the pictures we'd trawled through for months trying to make our mind up. They didn't have a suitable room for us in POR so we have to stay. We can't change our dates and we didn't want to pay to upgrade to a deluxe. So instead we will just have to hope that it doesn't impact us greatly. I hope you still manage to enjoy your holiday

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Were you hoping for an upgraded room FOC at your Resort?

Years ago guests staying at Value Resorts were upgraded to SSR. It's always happening at Disney.
Recently guests staying at all stars were given free upgrades to art of animation suites as there would be cheerleaders in all stars, so for a 2 week holiday thats about a £2k upgrade.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I to tend to agree with the OP, only opinions after all. I think Disney have shot them selves in the foot a little bit. Personally I think a small token of compensation would have been appreciated by the resort guests, however by setting a precedent by moving people , at some point there will be no where left to move them. As for adding free dining as well, its all a bit too much and where does it stop?
There is always construction or refurbishment going on, and Disney are very good at screening it. Should guests be compensated for the HS construction? Or because the crane is in the pictures at MK?
A possible unpopular point of view, but we cant all be the same!
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Recently guests staying at all stars were given free upgrades to art of animation suites as there would be cheerleaders in all stars, so for a 2 week holiday thats about a £2k upgrade.
Someone on Facebook got upgraded to GF! I think it was only for a couple of nights though.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Archie14
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I was moved but it was like for like -no upgrade or gift card.
Just happy not to be staying with no food court and building work.
We've been moved to POR due to the works. We had a standard room booked and just asked for 'a standard for a standard' swap. Like the above quote just happy to be staying at a fully operational resort.

Just to add we stayed at CBR in 2015 and loved it, hence the planned return. After hearing about the planned works we were devastated, and after reading about the proposed updates and possible DVC of the resort, the resort will not be how we remembered it so can't see us returning to it at all which is disappointing.

At least we can remember the resort how it used to be!
1991 - Villa in Buena Ventura Lakes, 1993 - Villa in Davenport area, 2010 & 2012 Staybridge Suites LBV, 2015 - CBR, 1st time on site, 2017 - CBR We're going back - Oh no we're not, just moved to POR! 2020 - So excited, birthday celebrations at POR July 2020 - COVID CANCELLED , 2022 - Belated celebration trip - staying at CSR
Archie14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
I to tend to agree with the OP, only opinions after all. I think Disney have shot them selves in the foot a little bit. Personally I think a small token of compensation would have been appreciated by the resort guests, however by setting a precedent by moving people , at some point there will be no where left to move them. As for adding free dining as well, its all a bit too much and where does it stop?
There is always construction or refurbishment going on, and Disney are very good at screening it. Should guests be compensated for the HS construction? Or because the crane is in the pictures at MK?
I agree there's always something going on somewhere. But this seems pretty major after looking at the maps and stuff. Disney didn't decide in February that this was going on. This would have been in the planning for ages.

If I had been made aware at booking I probably would have booked POR and paid the little extra to save the hassle. We would have convinced the kids that it was going to be prettier/more relaxing. As it happens POR is no longer available for my dates so we couldn't be moved.

PS I'd be gutted if the crane was in my pictures but I'm pretty sure a quick photoshopping would sort that out

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

The compensation isn't actually for the construction work, disney don't compensate for that (like csr right now). The compensation is being given for the closures...the food court, the restaurant, gift shop, pool bar basically everything except the pool will be closed and replaced with food trucks and tents, not exactly worth paying £155 a night for.

Can't imagine all rooms will sell out, maybe half of the bookings are moving, if that the rest are staying and taking the compensation and of course there's others who want to stay there despite the closures and booking cbr rather than other resorts.

Edited at 11:25 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

We have one night booked at POR in October. I'm secretly hoping that the resort is full of people from CBR and we get moved to a Deluxe for the night 😉
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I completely disagree with you, a small token of compensation would not make it ok for us. We have worked hard and saved for this holiday, we have a child with a disability who is beyond excited about this trip. A small token would not have made us happy, we booked this holiday based on the facilities offered in the brochure and on the website in good faith.

If my child is not well enough for the parks on a particular day do you suggest we stay in the hotel room or maybe pop down to the dining tent? There are no other options at the resort.

We reluctantly moved as needed the indoor space, restaurant, shop, food court.

I felt robbed when we found out that the facilities were closing down for our stay and our child would not have coped with the noise and disruption of construction work.

You are right that we can't all be the same.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List