Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Caribbean Beach Resort building works and Old Port Royal closure

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

CBR - refurbishment/building work

**Plans have been submitted to demolish multiple buildings and build a multi storey building on land where Barbados and part of Martinique villages currently sit, and to work on roads and waterways **

Here's what we know about it so far:

Old port Royal to close for a total refurb from 1st May 2017.

Facilities that will be shut:

•Food court
•Shutters table service restaurant,
•Calypso trading shop
•Concierge and recreation areas of Old Port Royale
•Banana Cabana bar(situated just outside of OPR)
•Barbados and Martinique villages to be 'unavailable' from May 2017

Building work noise may be heard between either 9am until dusk(from recent e-mail) or 9am until 4pm(from original e-mail)

And while they work their 'magic' over the coming months:

•Centertown(a large marquee style tent) will serve a Caribbean\American buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner

•a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available in the island markets of Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.

•Guests can refill their resort mugs with beverages from Coca-Cola freestyle machines which will be available throughout the resort.

Room pizza delivery will still be available

•Guests will receive $75 per room per night gift card on checking in at hotel

•At the moment guests are able to transfer to POR without charge while keeping their existing offers that they received at time of booking(dining plans, gifts cards)

No opening/closing times of food facilities or menus available, it's also not known what times drinks will be able to refilled using freestyle mugs or whether tea, coffee, tea, hot chocolate will be available and where refill locations might be.
Please feel free to carry on...
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wilf155
Getting Excited

Mobile

Keep it coming! 😊
wilf155 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Just seen someone saying movies under the stars wont be on if this is true this maybe a deal breaker for us. The kids are really looking forward to this so ill be back on the phone if come may people report its not on. 😯
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Just seen someone saying movies under the stars wont be on if this is true this maybe a deal breaker for us. The kids are really looking forward to this so ill be back on the phone if come may people report its not on. 😯
I did wonder where movies under the stars would go, as there isn't a space big enough for it now the area it used to be will be closed off & the beaches where they used to be before that are out of bounds at night.
I did ask about movies under the stars in the e-mail I sent & was told they didn't have the answer to that.
The way things are going the only recreational activities they'll have are the pool side entertainment at the main pool.
🙁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

I recon mos will be on
Its an easy set up and popular
Remember we could just go to another resort and watch it.
Not ideal i know but we watched the fireworks from the poly in 2012 and lilo and stitch was on

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 08:51 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The wilderness cabins have a great evening with chip n dale, snores on the campfire a sing a long and it finishes with a movie. It's all free unless you want to buy s'more fixins (about $10). Well worth a visit.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Another day another lie. I put in my email that I had been told so many conflicting things-like the painting and new carpets-that I wasn't sure what would be available by the time we got there.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The wilderness cabins have a great evening with chip n dale, snores on the campfire a sing a long and it finishes with a movie. It's all free unless you want to buy s'more fixins (about $10). Well worth a visit.
thanks

if its not on we'll deffo go there one night

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
Another day another lie. I put in my email that I had been told so many conflicting things-like the painting and new carpets-that I wasn't sure what would be available by the time we got there.
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you check in and get a tin of paint and a rolled up rug...

Old 16 Mar 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you check in and get a tin of paint and a rolled up rug...
I might be surprised. Cause they've actually told me that's happening.

My dad was a painter and decorator growing up-we were never allowed paint so I'd actually love it.

As I've said, I'm happy with what I've got, but if they want to keep changing the goalposts then I'll keep asking stupid questions and wasting time. Maybe they think it's just costing us all a days wages and it's actually no big deal
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread