Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
This is exactly what i said when i asked for written clarification in the first place and when i got the personal reply.
I also restated this today when i told her that although this had sorted the matter for me , it wasnt right to only offer one thing to everyone , when 2 different groups of people were effected differently.
she did say she had lots of people saying the same and this would be passed on at the next meeting(of course it will)
Wowzer, I am so glad that you have had confirmation that you will get both but how frustrating is this whole thing! So inconsistent!
I never got anything in writing from my first offer of the room credit as Destiny assured me that I would get the credit straight onto my magic band when I arrived in resort! I was told I would receive an invoice with my magic incident number on but never received this!

I have sent numerous emails and had numerous calls over this and eventually I was given not one but two magic incident numbers! I continue to get very standard emails filtering through every now and then (think because I sent them to so many different places) stating I will get the gift card on arrival but nothing in writing over the room credit!

The whole way this fiasco has been handled is absolutely diabolical! Disney should hang their heads in shame
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

I still think getting in contact with Disney's legal team might be a good idea. I would hope they could answer the simple question of whether or not Disney should be going back on compensation offers. Going to have a dig around on LinkedIn to try and find a suitable person to contact. So far found director of legal affairs and lots of 'general counsel' but will keep looking
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoFanJr View Post
What do you have in writing? Is it just the magic number, or something else? We have magic numbers on invoices so hoping that will be enough.
Really hope it gets honored for you when you arrive! I feel you should have confirmation before you go and not wondering 'What if' Grrrr, getting more annoyed by this each day!
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Have you asked to see if a move to another resort is possible? Cbr with the temporary facilities and construction wasn't how we imagined in our head the holiday would be so decided a move was best for us.
I personally would like to move however the problem is when i rang the only alternative i was offered was por which just didnt appeal to any of us so we decided to stay put and take the £50 off p/n. When the better moves started being offered i was going to ring again but the in laws and my sisters family wanted to stick with the discount. So now i dont know what to do as obviously we all want to be togeather (i think) 😣
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoFanJr View Post
I still think getting in contact with Disney's legal team might be a good idea. I would hope they could answer the simple question of whether or not Disney should be going back on compensation offers. Going to have a dig around on LinkedIn to try and find a suitable person to contact. So far found director of legal affairs and lots of 'general counsel' but will keep looking
It's exhausting don't you think! Good luck.
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

so if ever Disney want to make a movie about this fiasco... who would play you?

you really couldn't make this up at all.

Sounds like you will have a fab holiday though gh015c4116 - just be sure to use the credit first as the gift cards have no expiry!
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

The whole thing is so frustrating if i knew i would get both forms of comp i would be happy to stay and feel fairly compensated. But £700 off what was costing us £5.5 k to have no decent food options or recreational activites just doesnt seem enough any more or am i just being super greedy? It feels like im paying all that money for a basic room, a pool surrounded by construction and food in a tent- im not sure that sounds like disney magic to me 😢
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
The whole thing is so frustrating if i knew i would get both forms of comp i would be happy to stay and feel fairly compensated. But £700 off what was costing us £5.5 k to have no decent food options or recreational activites just doesnt seem enough any more or am i just being super greedy? It feels like im paying all that money for a basic room, a pool surrounded by construction and food in a tent- im not sure that sounds like disney magic to me 😢
That is not super greedy at all.
My dd was in a hotel in Florida and there was a power outage-for 2 hours they were given a $200 credit.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We decided to take the move, POFQ, but there's just the two of us, much harder when there's little 'uns and other family members involved. We've stayed at POR when it was Dixey Landings, I'm sure you would love it. Seeing as there is a big group of you, how about phoning and asking for a 2 bed villa at Sarasota Springs? Or if you don't want to live in such close proximity (), see what else they can offer. Then maybe put it to the family and see what they think. I'm sure Disney will come up trumps at CBR, we'll probably be kicking ourselves when reports start to filter through, but we were just so upset by it all, all the gin in the world wasn't making me a happy camper, so we jumped ship.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
That was my feelings exactly.
we go 2 x a year spend 2 /3 weeks a time@ disney and have never not felt the disney magic (my 19 year old is obsessed)
This holiday was nearly 5k (just the disney bit for 3 weeks) and i would have been happy to just get the $75 at first.
when they changed it to everyone getting it , i found that more than a little unfair on all the people who had already booked and didnt know about these works.
I was also very disapponited that it was made so hard to get the info (still is )about what is open /shut , what hours they will be working ect.
Now at 2 x comp i feel a little happier , and maybe they have put back a little Disney magic.
By the way i got a written reply by being super nice and asking silly questions first (then dropping the major question in as a after though)
oh and by wishing them a magical day and thanking them for the info they were providing as im sure they were only doing as they were being told ect.
My grumpy/moaning emails got no response.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread