Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Can't help but feel that Disney ending the compensation for CBR is going to make this job so much harder. Looks like Disney are hardening their attitude just now, not softening it.

Wow, what a complete cluster **** this is. I bet Disney wish they could have their time over, wonder what different decisions they would make if they could go back to day zero?

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Can't help but feel that Disney ending the compensation for CBR is going to make this job so much harder. Looks like Disney are hardening their attitude just now, not softening it.

Wow, what a complete cluster **** this is. I bet Disney wish they could have their time over, wonder what different decisions they would make if they could go back to day zero?
They've ended the CBR compensation? Surely for new bookings only?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Yes, for new bookings, I wasn't taking any chances though and have already been on the phone seeking assurances about our booking. Probably sounded a right prat, but I don't care.

The offer has already gone from the WDTC website.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
As at midinght tonight they will stop giving comp to new bookings.

Recon they are just about to launch us free dining.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

The plot thickens... A separate person from Disney (not the one who tried to call and emailed me) just sent me a separate email, saying it's not their policy to compensate guests for refurbishments (no mention of the 15 storey tower) and that they can't discuss other guests having been offered compensation. Hilarious! Still hoping for a call back from the other lady tonight, if not I'll call again.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Its not reimagineared, its not pixie dust and its not unavailable

Its closed, its dust and its demolished

I am not holidaying on a building site...

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Love your style papamouse!

We are due out couple days before you :-) we fly from Edinburgh for first time.
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
Love your style papamouse!

We are due out couple days before you :-) we fly from Edinburgh for first time.
Have you done your ddd?

Despite all this screw up, it is a fabulous place.

I guarantee 20 mins inside mk you be plotting your next visit.

Old 17 Mar 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm just starting to compile a complaint letter but it will take me ages as I am useless at these things, but I wondered if I could PM anyone to get a rough template of what they might have already emailed?

It doesn't matter if no one can, I'll think of the wording eventually!

Thank you
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Have you done your ddd?

Despite all this screw up, it is a fabulous place.

I guarantee 20 mins inside mk you be plotting your next visit.
We are only on the qsdp. Sorry we have been before first time flying from Edinburgh usually Glasgow. We were 4 years ago with the big one now we have a little one so taking advantage of her still classed as infant!

We were booked into B resort but I changed to onsite to get dining plan and thought be easier with having toddler, plan to do parks first thing back to resort then back to parks in evening but depends how things go. At least onsite easy for one of us to stay and other could go to park with eldest. Even hubby doesn't know I've changed and kids don't know we are going at all!

Roll on fast pass day I was looking at your thread great info as didn't have this last ime I don't think?

I'm not really a confrontational person but with age I'm getting pretty good at fighting my case especially if it has an impact on my family!

Is it CSR you are staying or CBS been reading that thread too but loose track
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread