Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Apr 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You can check in online, but if you want the magic bands you have to go to the campsite

It's an even better deal for US visitors as they can book and have the bands etc sent out to them so they never have to physically turn up at the camp site

We booked it a while ago for 3. Cost $59.63 with tax

Over on dis board it is a HUGE topic of discussion with plenty not happy with this loophole being exploited
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
You can check in online, but if you want the magic bands you have to go to the campsite

It's an even better deal for US visitors as they can book and have the bands etc sent out to them so they never have to physically turn up at the camp site

Over on dis board it is a HUGE topic of discussion with plenty not happy with this loophole being exploited
I don't suppose you could book for the Magic Bands to be sent to an offsite hotel in Orlando? I guess they probably send them out a while before your stay though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Trombyy
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by xcmjstaax View Post
Another probably stupid question, can I check out online as well so I wouldn't need to actually go to the campsite at all?
No need to do anything about your checkout, it's done automatically unless u have charges to your band.
Trombyy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trombyy View Post
No need to do anything about your checkout, it's done automatically unless u have charges to your band.
Thank you! I've never stayed onsite anywhere or used Magic Bands before so this is all new to me! I think I've got my head around it now though
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

It's great for people who can do it but the downside (and there is one) is that once these pitches are sold they are not available for people who genuinely want to have a cheap Disney camping holiday which is a shame really.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Again this is all new to me as never been before just trying to get my head around it...

If we were to book this as we are two families would we be able to link the booking to two accounts for fast passes and things or will one family have to be lead (the person who booked) and make all the fastpass on there account...
hope this makes sense
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
It's great for people who can do it but the downside (and there is one) is that once these pitches are sold they are not available for people who genuinely want to have a cheap Disney camping holiday which is a shame really.
Absolutely. Can understand that. However they're on sale for everyone and capacity is huge.

It also leads to availability at 30 days if some people cancel (for reasons we can't talk about)
3family is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Absolutely. Can understand that. However they're on sale for everyone and capacity is huge.

It also leads to availability at 30 days if some people cancel (for reasons we can't talk about)
I can imagine what those reasons are.

Well if the loophole is there then people will exploit it. I think it is a bit different from the one night on site which I think people tended to actually use rather than leave vacant.

Anyway either Disney are ignorant to it and if they find out they will close it or they don't care.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think that's it. Once they're getting their money, they won't mind
Old 20 Apr 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trombyy View Post
I drove last year, dropped into reception at 6:45 collected my bands and parking pass and was at Epcot for 7:15 for emh, for the MK I'd say the boat from the grounds would be a quicker option than driving to TTC and then getting monorail.
Thanks! Would the boat be running that early and if we get the boat does it take to MK directly bypassing TTC? If not I looked at the map last night and it didn't seem that far away?!

I would actually love to stay and camp the night as i am a massive camping fan but the OH said no way when we have paid for a lovely villa 😂 might make use of chip and dales campfire though!