Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Apr 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Sex?! That is not part of my itinary! I'm not sure we can slot that between the FP and ADRs
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleNoo View Post
Sex?! That is not part of my itinary! I'm not sure we can slot that between the FP and ADRs
Not sure I'd even have the energy after running round here there and everywhere in the parks!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was going to post a sensible reply and then saw the post had gone off on a massive tangent :-O
Anyway we stayed in a value Disney hotel for a couple of nights before moving to my parents' timeshare. I would definitely book the same again. The free transport meant not having to drive or hire a car after many hours awake. The early entry, free magic bands and easy buses were a huge bonus too. The timeshare is a huge bonus for us as we can get 7 of us comfortably without sharing with too many, but obviously that's because my folks have the timeshare. We can also cook the odd meal (pasta and sauce is a few dollars) and have bagels or cereal for breakfast most days. The car gives us the option of shopping or trips elsewhere. I would always do a combination of both if I had the choice and the money. Never done dining plan though but the tipping makes me think it's not much of a saving vs eating offsite somewhere the food is better and paying for the odd character meal. Breakfasts are usually good value for us for character meals as both our children love breakfast foods of all varieties!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Back on topic , although comparing timeshare with say booking a villa does mess with the numbers a bit I certainly agree that a part stay does add benefit. Magic Express for me is nice as I usually wouldn't pick a car up til the next day , first few days when everyone is up early with jet lag and excitement access to early entry makes sense too. After those five or six manic Disney days to move to an environment that actively promotes lazier mornings and space to spread ... is a real plus. I'm an early bird on holiday and whilst getting up and creeping around a dark room to get dressed before going out to grab a coffee and watch the early morning wildlife around (say) POR is okay for a few days ... how much nicer to be able to stroll downstairs , make (usually better) coffee and without having to get dressed first sit by a pool watching the likeside wildlife.
I love the parks but I'm not a full time park warrior . after a few days I'm happy to change pace to what we call park dipping.

Even if on site was cheaper for me , I wouldn't want to do it in a moderate or even a one or one and a half room deluxe for a full fortnight. Maybe if we were all early risers and all ran on the same body clock I'd feel differently though but I do enjoy my peaceful early mornings on holiday before everyone else starts their day.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
I was going to post a sensible reply and then saw the post had gone off on a massive tangent :-O
Anyway we stayed in a value Disney hotel for a couple of nights before moving to my parents' timeshare. I would definitely book the same again. The free transport meant not having to drive or hire a car after many hours awake. The early entry, free magic bands and easy buses were a huge bonus too. The timeshare is a huge bonus for us as we can get 7 of us comfortably without sharing with too many, but obviously that's because my folks have the timeshare. We can also cook the odd meal (pasta and sauce is a few dollars) and have bagels or cereal for breakfast most days. The car gives us the option of shopping or trips elsewhere. I would always do a combination of both if I had the choice and the money. Never done dining plan though but the tipping makes me think it's not much of a saving vs eating offsite somewhere the food is better and paying for the odd character meal. Breakfasts are usually good value for us for character meals as both our children love breakfast foods of all varieties!
Late breakfast is excellent value and they take the lunch items out! It's also great after initial rush hour or two of rides and it isn't very busy.

Tips aren't that bad, for 2 weeks meals at the top of the price range for 3 adults the tips of 20% is less than 300 usd. The gift card would cover 200

But looking at CG brunch, the tip alone would be 60 usd. You can feed the family somewhere else with 60 usd but I guess it is more special experience.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok jumped a few pages then thought I'd gone to the twilight zone with talk of furries etc First off your food calculations are out, apart from breakfast change your numbers to $ not £ & you will be about right. Secondly 14 days parking ? You will need to be super human to do 14 park days, plus parks on your first & last day ? Next, if you are thinking of CBR then I wouldn't upgrade to DDP, not without a car, transportation is great but you would spend half your holiday on the bus just getting to places to eat & 10 people is a lot to get on a bus & it only takes a couple of wheelchair users to drop the occupancy right down. If I was going to do DDP without a car I would choose SSR as it's walking distance to D springs, you could add POFQ into this.
My last thought on this is that do you intend to eat onsite for at least 75% of your time ? Disney is expensive, we reckoned our average dinner, 2 ADs, onsite would be $80, yet we had a great dinner at Ihop for $30 including tip ! Offsite is all about space, we have stayed at a 1 bed Disney villa - 1 separate bedroom plus a pullout sleeper sofa in the lounge area for less money we could stay at Staybridge Suites, 2 separate bedrooms, sleeper sofa in the lounge & free breakfast...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
Haha re "Disneyfied Sexdrive" - my work colleagues are convinced that because I like Minnie Ears & Bounding there must be a risqué element to it (I assure you there isn't) - didn't help when another colleague then told us all about "furring" (look it up )
Well, the things you do learn when reading threads on the Dibb!

DH is chuckling his head off
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
feels calmer than risking it on international drive.
I have never felt I have been "risking it" staying on I Drive

but then I guess it depends what level of hotel you stayed at.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mr&mrslightyear View Post
What do you eat and where? I priced up cereal milk etc and snacks drinks meals etc I'd love too see so I can adjust
Hi, sorry i've only just picked this up as i didn't really check on here that much while we were away.

We ate pretty much as follows:

IHOP for breakfast @ £30 then Cici's for dinner @ £20
Hotel for breakfast @ £20 then Ponderosa for dinner @ £30

Various places we ate in were:

IHOP
Golden Corral
Steak n Shake
Cici's
McDonalds
Chinese place at Universal Citywalk
Fuddruckers
Waffle House

We basically ate as cheaply and filling as possible for the 2 weeks we were in Orlando as we knew that when we went over to the coast for the last bit of time we'd be spending more.

We bought water from the supermarket along with biscuits, donuts etc and we snacked on those during the day if we needed to.

I brought two of the Robinsons juice things that you squeeze into water and the kids drank on that during the day.
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Guyfawlks
Proud to wear my Ears

Have you the details of the villa? Just returned from Highland reserve and already thinking of " the next time" 😉
Guyfawlks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List