Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Caribbean Beach Resort building works and Old Port Royal closure

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

CBR - refurbishment/building work

**Plans have been submitted to demolish multiple buildings and build a multi storey building on land where Barbados and part of Martinique villages currently sit, and to work on roads and waterways **

Here's what we know about it so far:

Old port Royal to close for a total refurb from 1st May 2017.

Facilities that will be shut:

•Food court
•Shutters table service restaurant,
•Calypso trading shop
•Concierge and recreation areas of Old Port Royale
•Banana Cabana bar(situated just outside of OPR)
•Barbados and Martinique villages to be 'unavailable' from May 2017

Building work noise may be heard between either 9am until dusk(from recent e-mail) or 9am until 4pm(from original e-mail)

And while they work their 'magic' over the coming months:

•Centertown(a large marquee style tent) will serve a Caribbean\American buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner

•a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available in the island markets of Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.

•Guests can refill their resort mugs with beverages from Coca-Cola freestyle machines which will be available throughout the resort.

Room pizza delivery will still be available

•Guests will receive $75 per room per night gift card on checking in at hotel

•At the moment guests are able to transfer to POR without charge while keeping their existing offers that they received at time of booking(dining plans, gifts cards)

No opening/closing times of food facilities or menus available, it's also not known what times drinks will be able to refilled using freestyle mugs or whether tea, coffee, tea, hot chocolate will be available and where refill locations might be.
Please feel free to carry on...
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Just to answer questions I e had so far - at check in I had to ask her about the gift card she said oh I see you had money back , I said that was a good will gesture as I had wanted to move and they couldn't move me , I showed her my email and she said ok let me go and check with my supervisor and took the email to show him , two mins later they handed me an envelope with a letter inside addressed to me personally with the amount on the card . There was no fight needed in my case and the check in staff were super helpful . The information being given by different cast members is different tho some don't know much , I asked about the Coke free style machines was told at check in two of the islands had them , just asked at concierge now which were closest to us in Trinidad north and she said there isn't any on site yet ! All very random! On the plus side I have fallen in love with this resort , the atmosphere is buzzing and I love the old port royale area I'm so glad I get to see it this week . It's funny tho the hotel is full of brits ! I have hardly heard any American accents . I've worked out our holiday excluding flights so just the Disney hotel , tickets and dining cost us £2700 for the two of us - minus the gift cards , the money back per night and the money back from booking via quidco we saved a whopping £1600 off our holiday meaning this trip has only cost £550 per person 🙈 Amazing ! Right I'm off to bed have been up nearly 24 hours !
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Just to answer questions I e had so far - at check in I had to ask her about the gift card she said oh I see you had money back , I said that was a good will gesture as I had wanted to move and they couldn't move me , I showed her my email and she said ok let me go and check with my supervisor and took the email to show him , two mins later they handed me an envelope with a letter inside addressed to me personally with the amount on the card . There was no fight needed in my case and the check in staff were super helpful . The information being given by different cast members is different tho some don't know much , I asked about the Coke free style machines was told at check in two of the islands had them , just asked at concierge now which were closest to us in Trinidad north and she said there isn't any on site yet ! All very random! On the plus side I have fallen in love with this resort , the atmosphere is buzzing and I love the old port royale area I'm so glad I get to see it this week . It's funny tho the hotel is full of brits ! I have hardly heard any American accents . I've worked out our holiday excluding flights so just the Disney hotel , tickets and dining cost us £2700 for the two of us - minus the gift cards , the money back per night and the money back from booking via quidco we saved a whopping £1600 off our holiday meaning this trip has only cost £550 per person 🙈 Amazing ! Right I'm off to bed have been up nearly 24 hours !
Very happy you managed to get everything. Have a great holiday.
Old 2 May 17, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

So pleased to hear you got your giftcard without any problems. Quite right too! Have a wonderful holiday
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

That's great! Hope you have a fab time
Old 2 May 17, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So very pleased for you! Do you have any ideas on how you will spend it? My girls are excited with the prospect of spending $50 each 😂 So even if it doesn't work out for us, we will still give them the $50. Apartently it will be used to buy a cinnamon roll from gastons tavern and a Mickey apple. 😍
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wilf155
Getting Excited

Mobile

I bet it felt longer than 2mins though😊well done
wilf155 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Excellent news! Enjoy your holiday

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hmmmm that's great

so it would appear they have an envelope ready for everyone and only handing over to certain ppl when they ask!

any 2 x $75ers checked in yet.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
hmmmm that's great

so it would appear they have an envelope ready for everyone and only handing over to certain ppl when they ask!

any 2 x $75ers checked in yet.
Sounds right, I think hootie is our first