Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Just to answer questions I e had so far - at check in I had to ask her about the gift card she said oh I see you had money back , I said that was a good will gesture as I had wanted to move and they couldn't move me , I showed her my email and she said ok let me go and check with my supervisor and took the email to show him , two mins later they handed me an envelope with a letter inside addressed to me personally with the amount on the card . There was no fight needed in my case and the check in staff were super helpful . The information being given by different cast members is different tho some don't know much , I asked about the Coke free style machines was told at check in two of the islands had them , just asked at concierge now which were closest to us in Trinidad north and she said there isn't any on site yet ! All very random! On the plus side I have fallen in love with this resort , the atmosphere is buzzing and I love the old port royale area I'm so glad I get to see it this week . It's funny tho the hotel is full of brits ! I have hardly heard any American accents . I've worked out our holiday excluding flights so just the Disney hotel , tickets and dining cost us £2700 for the two of us - minus the gift cards , the money back per night and the money back from booking via quidco we saved a whopping £1600 off our holiday meaning this trip has only cost £550 per person 🙈 Amazing ! Right I'm off to bed have been up nearly 24 hours !
Thank you so much for taking time out of your holiday to keep us updated . Still nervous for all us with $75 x2 but looks promising as will argue the $75 room credit given was due to the refurbishment devaluing the preferred room I have paid a premium for, if they try to get away with just one lot of $75 I will take it to ABTA.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Sounds right, I think hootie is our first
And I might still miles away. But have all my scrawlly notes in an envelope with everyone's names and exactly what I was told on each call-my main one is going to be-when I accepted the first $75 credit I was assured no work after 4pm-this has now changed to dusk which I assume is later. I'll stick to one if they stop work at 4

I'm sitting in the airport hotel, waiting to dry my hair after the elephant family who were upstairs woke me at 5.40, then took 2 hours and 4 minutes to get out of their room. My own family are fast asleep, completely oblivious to the fact I've already been awake more than 2 and a half hours
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
And I might still miles away. But have all my scrawlly notes in an envelope with everyone's names and exactly what I was told on each call-my main one is going to be-when I accepted the first $75 credit I was assured no work after 4pm-this has now changed to dusk which I assume is later. I'll stick to one if they stop work at 4

I'm sitting in the airport hotel, waiting to dry my hair after the elephant family who were upstairs woke me at 5.40, then took 2 hours and 4 minutes to get out of their room. My own family are fast asleep, completely oblivious to the fact I've already been awake more than 2 and a half hours
Hope you have a great Time Hootie
Old 2 May 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

I'm sitting in the airport hotel, waiting to dry my hair after the elephant family who were upstairs woke me at 5.40, then took 2 hours and 4 minutes to get out of their room.

There's no quick or quiet way to pack a trunk, Hootie...

(I'll get me coat)
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

So glad people are starting to get both! Enjoy your holiday!

I wonder if those with 2 x $75 will be given the gift card 1st and then have to ask about the credit

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Just to answer questions I e had so far - at check in I had to ask her about the gift card she said oh I see you had money back , I said that was a good will gesture as I had wanted to move and they couldn't move me , I showed her my email and she said ok let me go and check with my supervisor and took the email to show him , two mins later they handed me an envelope with a letter inside addressed to me personally with the amount on the card . There was no fight needed in my case and the check in staff were super helpful . The information being given by different cast members is different tho some don't know much , I asked about the Coke free style machines was told at check in two of the islands had them , just asked at concierge now which were closest to us in Trinidad north and she said there isn't any on site yet ! All very random! On the plus side I have fallen in love with this resort , the atmosphere is buzzing and I love the old port royale area I'm so glad I get to see it this week . It's funny tho the hotel is full of brits ! I have hardly heard any American accents . I've worked out our holiday excluding flights so just the Disney hotel , tickets and dining cost us £2700 for the two of us - minus the gift cards , the money back per night and the money back from booking via quidco we saved a whopping £1600 off our holiday meaning this trip has only cost £550 per person 🙈 Amazing ! Right I'm off to bed have been up nearly 24 hours !
Wow, that's amazing. So glad you like the resort. I love CBR and the OPR area, love it in the evening by banana cabana bar 😊 It's great that it's open for at least your 1st week.
We've stayed in Trinidad North, I like that location.
Keep us updated on any changes and have a great time 😀
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I hate that when you can hear every movement upstairs or from neighbours. I always have to use earplugs at airport hotels now - ha.
Have a good flight Hootie, will look forward to hearing from you when you hit CBR. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
There's no quick or quiet way to pack a trunk, Hootie...

(I'll get me coat)
Lol - 😊
Old 2 May 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Oh no hope you manage to get some kip on the plane. I feel nervous for you, good luck, might need some tips if you do get it as I have no idea what to say other than... well everyone else got it! Lol
Old 2 May 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
hmmmm that's great

so it would appear they have an envelope ready for everyone and only handing over to certain ppl when they ask!

any 2 x $75ers checked in yet.
That's what I was thinking PM. The fact that there's a letter with their name on. I read this on the Disboards too.
'Things that make you go hmmm' 😁
Closed Thread