Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Even though it doesn't really affect my anymore as I moved, the impression I have got over the last 2 or 3 weeks is the more people have battled with wduk, the more they have dug their heels in to the point now they've flagged people's bookings to make sure no double discount is given (whereas before, the first few checking in got the £50 and $75).
Exactly that's why I have kept quiet but think they wise now due to all the complaining
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
robandanita
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Just an update. Disney have finally come through for me i had to push but we now have offers of
1) suits at art of animation for ALL 3 rooms
2) cabins at fort wilderness

Tried to push for SSR but no availaility apparently.

Off now to do some research
Great news! Once you decide you can get back to looking forward to your holiday.
robandanita is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gerddon View Post
That's great news. two very different propositions though. Nearly comes down to space vs convenience. We took a move to the cabins but I have second guessed myself on that a few times after a bit of research. are you on dining plan
Yes we on dining plan and i am a little concerned about that but at the same time the cabins would cost us another £2800 for the same 2 weeks this year 😨
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Trombyy
Trading Disney Pins

Just an update. Disney have finally come through for me i had to push but we now have offers of

Great news, ask them to check the US stock for your dates, I did this on Friday to change from a pirate room booking to a standard room as the UK website showed no availability.
Trombyy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Brilliant happy planning

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HerculesTiger View Post
We got "Dear Guest... $75gc" email, and yes booked directly with Disney
Apparently

Dear guest were sent to anyone staying at for who had registered on mde

And

Personalised ones were replied to if you had emailed them...

Edited at 09:15 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes we on dining plan and i am a little concerned about that but at the same time the cabins would cost us another £2800 for the same 2 weeks this year 😨
Dining isn't particularly convenient at the Cabins unless you splash further on a golf cart. We couldn't justify it ourselves so our plan is to cook breakfast in the cabin then eat at the parks, walking or getting boat to contemporary or wilderness lodge when in magic Kingdom and since we have a car, stopping at Disney springs a couple of times too.
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Apparently

Dear guest were sent to anyone staying at for who.had registered on me

And

Personalised ones were replied to if you had emailed them...
I'll await that reply to my complaint because I didn't get an email to the address that I use on mde, only the one that is on my booking.
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Even though it doesn't really affect my anymore as I moved, the impression I have got over the last 2 or 3 weeks is the more people have battled with wduk, the more they have dug their heels in to the point now they've flagged people's bookings to make sure no double discount is given (whereas before, the first few checking in got the £50 and $75).
Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Exactly that's why I have kept quiet but think they wise now due to all the complaining
That's simply not the case.

Before anyone had checked in. Long before I had a long conversation with a higher up.

They have absolutely no intention of giving double unless you have them by the curlies.

The word confusion was used several time insinuating we were confused.

That's why I've been saying for ages unless you have it in writing or have been verbally told by someone senior, you ain't getting both.

They offered both accidentally and closed the loophole. If you were offered both you have a case. But they wont give it without a fight.

So stay with 1 x 50 or 1 x 75
And / or raise a claim when you get back if you don't get the second.
Fight if you have been verbally offered x 2 until you have a cast iron guarantee you will get it.
Or take an expensive move so it feels like a win.

They totally messed up and now they wont admit and honour their mistake. Shameless.

Old 22 May 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We got an email booked with Disney direct, don't think those who booked with TAs did (though your TA should have contacted you). You will get the $75 gift card though because you haven't been offered any money off your total invoice (some who booked with Disney have and Orlando attractions, don't think any who booked through a TA were offered this). The offer was £50 off your invoice or $75 gift card.

Extra fastpasses were offered to very few dibbers a few months ago (most people weren't offered these) and not something that they are offering any more.
My travel operator notified me about 3 weeks after it was on social media. It was also 4 days after I had told them that Disney had transferred me to another resort. The manager in the shop was fantastic, kept me informed and fought for my complaint.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread