Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 17, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Caribbean Beach Resort building works and Old Port Royal closure

A brief summary of what's happening at CBR:

***It has now been confirmed that the new building will be a DVC resort, called Riviera resort. See below for announcement details***

• Old Port Royal food court/games room/shutters & shop now closed. The new food areas are due to re-open summer 2018.

• Barbados village and half of Martinique being demolished to make way for 'rumoured' new resort and gondola transportation system. Building work expected until 2019.

• Temp food court by main pool - buffet breakfast and dinner one QS cr.

• Island markets(rooms converted to grab & go shops) available at:
Martinique 2509, Jamaica 4308 aAruba 5524.

• Coke freestyle machines are in the ground floor vending areas of: Martinique building 25, trin north 31, trin south 34 and 38, Jamaica 43 and 46 and Aruba 52 and 54.

• Food truck(limited menu) by food tent serving breakfast from 7 am -11:30 and lunch/ dinner from 11:30- 9pm.

• In-room pizza delivery - 2 TS credits or cc.

• Concierge Now in Trinidad North room 3109.

• Preferred rooms are now all in Trinidad North.

• Trinidad South should have a new grab and go counter by mid to late summer 2017.

• Change of bus route from 25/6/17 to:

1. Martinique
2. Old Port Royale
3. Trinidad North
4. Trinidad South
5. Jamaica
6. Aruba

During busy times in the morning, the "A" side (MOTT), and "B" side (JA) will still be split into 2 separate runs

Taken from WDW Magic 16/7/17:

Disney has today announced plans to build a brand new Disney Vacation Club Resort near to Epcot called Disney Riviera Resort.

The new resort will open in the fall of 2019, featuring 300 accommodation units, and linked via the new Disney Skyliner gondola system.

Disney Skyliner will connect the new Disney Vacation Club property, Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.

Some further info:
dvcnews/index.php/resorts...edium=facebook

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

A brief summary of what's happening at CBR:

• Old Port Royal food court/games room/shutters & shop now closed. The new food areas are due to re-open summer 2018.

• Barbados village and half of Martinique being demolished to make way for 'rumoured' new resort and gondola transportation system. Building work expected until 2019.

• Temp food court by main pool - buffet breakfast and dinner one QS cr.

• Island markets(rooms converted to grab & go shops) available at:
Martinique 2509, Jamaica 4308 aAruba 5524.

• Coke freestyle machines are in the ground floor vending areas of: Martinique building 25, trin north 31, trin south 34 and 38, Jamaica 43 and 46 and Aruba 52 and 54.

• Food truck(limited menu) by food tent serving breakfast from 7 am -11:30 and lunch/ dinner from 11:30- 9pm.

• In-room pizza delivery - 2 TS credits or cc.

• Concierge Now in Trinidad North room 3109.

• Preferred rooms are now all in Trinidad North.

• Trinidad South should have a new grab and go counter by mid to late summer 2017.

Change of bus route from 25/6/17 to:

1. Martinique
2. Old Port Royale
3. Trinidad North
4. Trinidad South
5. Jamaica
6. Aruba

During busy times in the morning, the "A" side (MOTT), and "B" side (JA) will still be split into 2 separate runs

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

CBR - refurbishment/building work

**Plans have been submitted to demolish multiple buildings and build a multi storey building on land where Barbados and part of Martinique villages currently sit, and to work on roads and waterways **

Here's what we know about it so far:

Old port Royal to close for a total refurb from 1st May 2017.

Facilities that will be shut:

•Food court
•Shutters table service restaurant,
•Calypso trading shop
•Concierge and recreation areas of Old Port Royale
•Banana Cabana bar(situated just outside of OPR)
•Barbados and Martinique villages to be 'unavailable' from May 2017

Building work noise may be heard between either 9am until dusk(from recent e-mail) or 9am until 4pm(from original e-mail)

And while they work their 'magic' over the coming months:

•Centertown(a large marquee style tent) will serve a Caribbean\American buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner

•a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available in the island markets of Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.

•Guests can refill their resort mugs with beverages from Coca-Cola freestyle machines which will be available throughout the resort.

Room pizza delivery will still be available

•Guests will receive $75 per room per night gift card on checking in at hotel

•At the moment guests are able to transfer to POR without charge while keeping their existing offers that they received at time of booking(dining plans, gifts cards)

No opening/closing times of food facilities or menus available, it's also not known what times drinks will be able to refilled using freestyle mugs or whether tea, coffee, tea, hot chocolate will be available and where refill locations might be.
Please feel free to carry on...

Edited at 07:31 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

So we just checked in today. First time onsite and booked with tc so I was quite worried about how great it was all going to be. We checked in with no issues whatsoever and were handed our gift card. I just had a normal room booked but had requested at online check in a water view and an upper floor. I received an email last week just saying that as we hadn't booked a water view we wouldn't get one, which was fair enough, but I sent a reply back saying it was our first time and was worried about it not being magical due to the works etc.
So we got a lovely water view and second floor in Jamaica. I'm really pleased with the hotel I think it's lovely, not at all what I expected.
I really can't see there being any issues and tbh I don't see the building works affecting us much at all.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just rang front desk and a note has been put that nothing was found. Phew!

I understand the grass theory, however I am paranoid about snakes etc and don't do it lol! It was obvious someone other had been in as the towels were all fancy, double toiletries (handy for my girls enormous length of hair) and it smelled a bit cleaner? 🤔

I have no idea what they could be. I have a couple of what I would call normal midgie bites and then this horrendous hot area that is kind of red/purple with loads of mini red bumps. It's rank and I'm pretty sure everyone who spots it thinks so too.

AK for us today and they have changed the pandora menu prices 😲

On a plus the buffet in cbr isn't that bad!
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
So we just checked in today. First time onsite and booked with tc so I was quite worried about how great it was all going to be. We checked in with no issues whatsoever and were handed our gift card. I just had a normal room booked but had requested at online check in a water view and an upper floor. I received an email last week just saying that as we hadn't booked a water view we wouldn't get one, which was fair enough, but I sent a reply back saying it was our first time and was worried about it not being magical due to the works etc.
So we got a lovely water view and second floor in Jamaica. I'm really pleased with the hotel I think it's lovely, not at all what I expected.
I really can't see there being any issues and tbh I don't see the building works affecting us much at all.
Good to see that you got the GCs and some Disney magic with the water view room.

Enjoy. Will see you there in 9 days
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post

I understand the grass theory, however I am paranoid about snakes etc and don't do it lol! It was obvious someone other had been in as the towels were all fancy, double toiletries (handy for my girls enormous length of hair) and it smelled a bit cleaner? 🤔

I have no idea what they could be. I have a couple of what I would call normal midgie bites and then this horrendous hot area that is kind of red/purple with loads of mini red bumps. It's rank and I'm pretty sure everyone who spots it thinks so too.

Glad to hear it isn't bed bugs, we will be checking into TS in 9 days. Hopefully the bites aren't annoying you enough to ruin your holiday.

I think my DH will be using a snack credit on the Night Blossom
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The night blossom is lovely! My girls were convinced they have changed the little bursts tho, but still tasted good to me! The actual qs in pandora is just plain weird tho, and we ended up leaving the mashed potato.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post

At least it's not bed bugs. Hope the iratation goes away soon 👍
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
wilf155
Getting Excited

Mobile

Pm. Hope you had a great holiday. And had a great flight back on the air tanker.
I fly there and back on the air tanker and have noticed there is a third streaming app now.
wilf155 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Saw a post earlier about PM's plane had a fault with streaming so no entertainment on trip home they were told to buy books and magazines 😡 Sure he will be having a few words about that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wilf155
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by New dib View Post
Saw a post earlier about PM's plane had a fault with streaming so no entertainment on trip home they were told to buy books and magazines 😡 Sure he will be having a few words about that.
Do you think it could be to do with the new sunstream app?
wilf155 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread