Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
We check in 13th October - balance payment is due this week, fastpasses are in 14 days time, and my magic band skins arrived in the post this morning

No compensation offered to me, booked direct with Disney in April 2016, I was just informed of the refurb via an email, then another generic email informing of the gift card. I am fully expecting to be told I am not eligible for the card when we get there, and have been in a constant state of anxiety over all this since Feb, but this week I have started feeling the magic of the resort again (but that pool bar is still a bad joke). Think it was the most recent Theme Park Brothers video that helped, there is still a lot of beauty there
Awwww don't be worrying. Why would you think your not entitled to the giftcard seeing as you received no other compo? Your case is clear cut, unlike some of us :-))) You'll be fine and will have a fab time :-)))))
KCMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by QueenElsa View Post
I think you are the last of the active group to go natanddaz - although not sure who the last to check in at CBR will be

who is still left to check in to CBR and when ?
06 September
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

We check in on Sunday, 3 rooms all booked separately. Got the £50 so not expecting anything else but am going to ask anyway. See you all there guys xx
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by KCMUMMY View Post
Awwww don't be worrying. Why would you think your not entitled to the giftcard seeing as you received no other compo? Your case is clear cut, unlike some of us :-))) You'll be fine and will have a fab time :-)))))
Just a healthy dose of cynicism And there seems to be evidence of CBR not understanding UK booking packages and invoices, and who knows by October they may have changed their minds and withdrawn the card offer.
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
We check in 13th October - balance payment is due this week, fastpasses are in 14 days time, and my magic band skins arrived in the post this morning

No compensation offered to me, booked direct with Disney in April 2016, I was just informed of the refurb via an email, then another generic email informing of the gift card. I am fully expecting to be told I am not eligible for the card when we get there, and have been in a constant state of anxiety over all this since Feb, but this week I have started feeling the magic of the resort again (but that pool bar is still a bad joke). Think it was the most recent Theme Park Brothers video that helped, there is still a lot of beauty there
Ravenwing, I was in the same boat as you, although I didn't book in April 2016. I had no problems getting the GC. When I checked in the CM immediately said 'you are entitled to the gift card'. The resort is still beautiful. We also stayed in a savanna view room for 2 nights at AKL when we there and I preferred CBR.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
No Bubba, we can't - no gin parties. None. Keep your evil, scenty liquid to yourself. Ugh.

Now Bailey's, now we're talking!
I'll have a double baileys or if you force my hand vodka & Irn Bru. I booked Apr 16. I jumped ship in Apr but have continued to follow this thread, so helpful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We check in on the 27th of October, booked 2 rooms last June before they announced the refurb. Got an email in February telling me we would be getting the $75 gift card per room, per night, didnt get any offer to move resorts or the 50 quid room discount. Do you think we should get both? Seems like some people have.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SoraXIII View Post
We check in on the 27th of October, booked 2 rooms last June before they announced the refurb. Got an email in February telling me we would be getting the $75 gift card per room, per night, didnt get any offer to move resorts or the 50 quid room discount. Do you think we should get both? Seems like some people have.
You'll only get the $75pn GC as that was all you were offered
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

As per KCMUMMY's answer above, the issues are when people have received multiple offers.

Some have had both, most have not
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

We are:

RPR 13th to 17th

CBR 17th to 27th

AKL 27th to 30th

Of August

😀

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread