Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

I've just looked on the virgin website (booked through VH) and it says nothing about the pool or the room refurbs, on my booking or if I try to make a new one! - It's our first stay on site (and my friends first visit to Disney ever) and now I'm worried that this is going to put a dampener on the whole thing!
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
karlos3
I want to go now!

Well after a 45 min call nothing offered at all unless I pay to upgrade to another resort .
Lady on the phone said it’s their policy for no compensation .
Will send a e mail to complain see if that helps .

Will be interesting to see if anyone gets a positive response .
karlos3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by karlos3 View Post
Well after a 45 min call nothing offered at all unless I pay to upgrade to another resort .

That's disgusting! So they're expecting people to pay the same for a resort with less amenities. Come on Disney
Old 8 May 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by karlos3 View Post

Did you ask about whether you could get your deposit refunded? If only option is to upgrade at cost, then I'd rather cancel tbh.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

They may have a no compensation policy, but read the Package Travel Regulations so you know your statutory rights.
Old 8 May 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

We've also been told no compensation and no moves without an additional fee. Also wouldn't put us through to anyone senior. Are there any emails we can use to complain?
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Good summary of rights here if you bought a 'package' which/consumer-rig...el-regulations
Old 8 May 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
We've also been told no compensation and no moves without an additional fee. Also wouldn't put us through to anyone senior. Are there any emails we can use to complain?
Not putting you through to a supervisor or manager is poor customer service. They are obviously taking a tough stance to avoid further compensation, but doesn't reflect well on Disney...
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dan Horrocks View Post
That's disgusting! So they're expecting people to pay the same for a resort with less amenities. Come on Disney
That’s exactly what they expect. Sometimes you may be lucky enough to get a free of charge move but the gift cards were only offered for CBR because the extent of the building works were huge and they were taking away the entire food facilities and replacing them with a food tent and food trucks!
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Barcud13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m not happy about this mainly due to having to change dates and there only being pool view rooms available so having to pay extra. I don’t think I should have to pay extra if my view is a building site
Barcud13 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List