Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 11, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Malcolm
Imagineer

Would agree with Athurstance, give them recorded delivery letter to state you will issue proceedings if not sorted and take all details to a solicitor. They can get proof from the actual owner of the villa as they will get the bill from the tv provider to show what was bought in that month so saying they can't get proof is untrue.

I told a certain MC also to take a running jump due to them having such a bad reputation.
Malcolm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
I spent many many hours searching for a villa that was right for us. I wanted something that was well furnished with a neutral decor and not all chintzy & old fashioned. I must have viewed the details of 200 villas at least and so many of them were dissapointing for me - we all have different ideas of what is ideal.
I could never rely on an agent who as it really is a lottery whether you get somewhere decent.
DIY holidays tend to be cheaper, you get exactly what you want so why do so many choose a package?
Because most TO packages are ABTA bonded - private owners are not - if a ABTA bonded travel company goes down the pan you get your money back (well at least most of it), if a private owner goes to the wall then you get nothing back! I agree DIY is cheaper and we tend to do a mixture but a lot of people in this current economic climate are looking for a safeguard and the big companies can offer it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by sequinsandstar View Post
Because most TO packages are ABTA bonded - private owners are not - if a ABTA bonded travel company goes down the pan you get your money back (well at least most of it), if a private owner goes to the wall then you get nothing back! I agree DIY is cheaper and we tend to do a mixture but a lot of people in this current economic climate are looking for a safeguard and the big companies can offer it!
If you book your holiday individually then you just need to obtain End Supplier Failure Cover. This covers you for all the components of your holiday including non-bonded ones. Most large travel insurance companies are happy to quote for this and it's not overly expensive either, just a few pounds on top of your normal cover. - it would give people booking DIY an extra sense of security.
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
Would agree with Athurstance, give them recorded delivery letter to state you will issue proceedings if not sorted and take all details to a solicitor. They can get proof from the actual owner of the villa as they will get the bill from the tv provider to show what was bought in that month so saying they can't get proof is untrue.

I told a certain MC also to take a running jump due to them having such a bad reputation.
I told them I would help them out but only at my published price no call yet they live on HR so don't want to get on the wrong side of the neighbours but do agree they are leaving a lot to be desired on some of the one's on our street The other way I look at it is they are doing me a favour as it enhances the look of ours which is kept spick & span
Bill & Barbara

sequinsandstar
If you take out good travel insurance you would be able to cover such events But look for the signs too cheap and money before the usual time of 8-10 weeks is a good giveaway Also check the county appraisers website any owner who isn't risky will not mind

Edited at 11:13 AM.
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sequinsandstar View Post
If you book my villa and pay by credit card thru my booking co ...they guarantee your villa stay...
they also offer a one off insurance payment instead of the security deposit for breakages

You could always ask private villa owners if they offer this route..
Booking with a TO can be a lottery all round...
good luck to all in all your arrangements!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Not saying that's what I think - just saying that's what people think - as I said in my post we tend to do a mixture depending on price/deal etc.
Wasn't being picky or anything

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 11, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anwad
VIP Dibber

We have done AoA 3 times now. 1st time we went with TCD (before they were virgin) got a beautiful 3 bed villa but we had booked, and needed, a 4 bed. They moved us to a 'superior' 5 bed - it was shocking. Dirty villa, dirty pool, broken handrails etc.

2nd time Virgin - lovely villa and community, no problems at all

3rd time Virgin - villa hadn't been cleaned when we got there. To be fair they came straight out and cleaned it. After that the villa was fine but we were on Silver Creek and I really didn't like it.

This time we have booked a package with Pillinger, we wanted to book quite a while in advance, and chosen our 2 villas after seeing photos of different ones in various communities. Got the best of both worlds doing it this way - no more AoA
anwad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 11, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobyz2312
Apprentice Imagineer

scoobyz2312's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well finally had a letter about, the villa complaint. They basically said just sorry for the villa and for none of the other events that happened. 1 week if my hols was list trying to sort out this mess. I will never ever book virgin again. They have no custimer service at all
Old 5 Nov 11, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread