Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 11, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Kildrummy Drive is the only road on the whole of West Haven that backs on to a main road.
However, I wouldn't have thought it would be that busy during the night and as all the windows would be shut in the villa I wouldn't have thought you would still hear the traffic.

I'm sorry that you haven't got what you expected and paid for and I hope that Virgin put you where you should be.

Formosa Gardens is a resort style community with all the bells and whistles, which come at a price.

West Haven is comprised of several communities which are not resort style but still have some of the communal facilities that Formosa Gardens provide.

Originally Posted by scoobyz2312 View Post
Yes correct address! How did you know? Virgin just won't budge. They keep telling me peak season, no availability. I'm just really frustrated and annoying sh and dd. I have emailed, called but as they say with virgin...we will treat you as a rock star ...mmm I disagree with this and to make it worse I came here to relax and recoup after having back surgery. I will never ever book virgin again!
:angry:
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 11, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

This has been going on for a a good couple of years now - virgin just don't seem to be capable of delivering what they are promising. Your contract is with them they should be sorting it out and sourcing a home for you on your chosen location.

Please don't let it ruin your holiday. Sorry to repeat what others have said and I know it doesn't help you now. That is the difference between booking direct with the owners (DIBB or Non DIBB).

Plenty of picture of the actual villa not just a few in the Travel brochure or on a website. Also ask as many questions as you like before and after booking to make sure you are getting what you want. You can't book with an owner and end up on another community which seems to be the norm for Virgin these days.

Just read your post again I think I may have picked it up wrong first time. Thought you had booked for Emerald Island

There are many many lovely villas in the communities around Champions Gate it would appear it is the standard you are unhappy with.

If the home is uncared for that is a different matter you should expect a good standard no matter where you choose to stay.

Hope you get things sorted out

Alison

Edited at 01:10 PM. Reason: add text
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 11, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
simbasheen
slightly serious Dibber

I hope that you've got sorted now, its a shame that you've had to use your valuble holiday time to try and sort it.
simbasheen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 11, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by simbasheen View Post
I hope that you've got sorted now, its a shame that you've had to use your valuble holiday time to try and sort it.
I really hope this family have been moved to the standard of accommodation they expected and paid for.

With Virgin & TCD, this is a long-standing problem that they are fully aware of. It's a lottery. Some people are going to get what they paid for and some people are not.

People have to complain when they are there and then follow it up when they get home.

Virgin know that people don't want to spend hours of their precious holiday holding on the phone or sitting in offices.

If people don't take them to task, they will continue to do it.
Old 26 Jul 11, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobyz2312
Apprentice Imagineer

scoobyz2312's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi only just got internet back.! I called virgin again today spoke to a very rude lady who tried to accuse me of upgrading all the time! When I told her how rude she was she said it was my word against hers...Ggrr. so decided enough was enough. We went down to contempo armed with broken pool cleaner, dirty cutlery and a pillow with a blanket in it. The pool has never been cleaned since we have been in it. Contempo seen just and hustled us into a room to keep us quiet, but not before my dh told. Everyone waiting in reception how awful they were. I felt sorry for one couple they arrived yesterday and noticed their tyre was going down, so they went to contempo to give their details and to be told they would have to pay 50 dollars for a tyre change anyway going back we went into a room with a manager who tried to tell me their was nothing available at all... I told her I was not moving until I was moved, I went back out into reception and the manager said to my husband unless I come back into the room she would cancel our contract I stood my ground I even rang London head office who would only say Orlando rep is dealing with it. 3 hours passed and then they found us 2 villas to look at, one was on the hw 27, can't remember the name but it backed onto the highway so declined. Next one was near where we were, champions gate, a place called lake Wilson , it was not gated but was clean and quiet, so we decided to move. Not too sure if is is on the same level as we booked though? I am just disgusted at virgins customer service it totally sucks. Going back to the man with the tyre when we we were leaving, 3 hours later he said alamo had cancelled his call and contempo did not help him! When we get back I shall sit down and write everything down in a letter, does anyone have the address for complaints? Thanks for all your replies, it has helped us. Off to bed now getting up early and going to magic! X

Edited at 04:36 AM.
scoobyz2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds awful! At least you got something else. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
Old 26 Jul 11, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Glad you got sorted out in the end.

I totally appreciate your cheesed off with Contempo and Virgin over this debacle. But I'm not sure what Contempo have to do with a flat Alamo rental tyre?!

Not sure that's fair. The only way on our experience to deal with Imagine now Contempo was to go to the office on HW27.
Old 26 Jul 11, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Gald you got something better ...but not what you booked and PAID for
Cannot belive the towel in the pillowcase ...how expensive is a pillow ...especially in Florida
I would complain fully when home
i know some have got compensation ...if they have a genuine complaint case..
And you have wasted your holiday sorting it out...mention that and LOUD
Other then that I think the twitter facebook ideas are great
But leave it till you are home, meanwhile enjoy your holiday
And then spend your compen on another holiday...and book the villa on the Dibb..
get exactly what you want and a good relationship with the owner direct!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope your new villa is better than the one you were in. It's still no where near EI though. You would only have been a 5 min drive to AK from there.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

It has been said many times that the rates offered to owners via Virgin are so poor that the owners cannot afford to upgrade,replace or repair things in their homes. If Dibb owners used Virgin for their bookings many of them would be losing their homes.

Owners that use Virgin are in my opinion either too busy to organise their own bookings by promoting their homes themselves or have tried it unsuccessfully and Virgin is like a last resort. I hope I am not being too harsh but I believe that in general that is the case. There will be an odd exception.
Closed Thread