Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 14, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by trudyw View Post
Now I am mega excited - 25 days and we will be there - have my garden grocer booked simply so I can have a chilled drink while sat on our balcony ( asked for top floor) - have a wonderful holiday
We check out tomorrow but still have two weeks in a gorgeous villa to look forward to. Don't know if we'll ever be able to afford to stay onsite again but it's been worth every penny! Transport so easy - we haven't waited more than 15/20 mins for a bus (mostly less than 10 mins) I drove home from Contemporary resort tonight (Firework voyage) all by myself (DS8 in back seat) and DH and DD12 have gone to MK till midnight - it's all so easy to do. Anyone coming soon, I hope you love it as much as we have. Still can't figure out how to get pics on here but if anyone wants my FB name to add me to seem photos, just private message me x
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds idyllic..enjoy. We love OKW too..have stayed there twice at South Point..we've also stayed at POR which is also lovely.

This year we've opted for the Caribbean Beach..lets hope it lives up to expectations ! :-)
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Am glad I've read this ! Can't wait Think I will ask for top floor too, as long as the stairs not too bad for the olds, although they are in their own villa so could be downstairs I suppose.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds lovely, are you sure it's not heaven your in

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Were glad we picked to stay here . We were originally booked in AKL but changed to a 1 bed villa at OKW and don't regret it for a minute. Still got another 8 days here.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bren View Post
Hi

We've just arrived and are in block 34. Initially disappointed and have got a change of room planned for block 62.

But... When arrived at the room we all love it. It is ground floor and backs onto the water/pond (have got a citronella candle for mossies ).

We think will probably stay put . Final decision tomorrow.

1 beds are sooooo spacious
This is why I say to people DON'T request an area...unless you have really specific needs, chance it, there are so many beautiful areas, that you wouldn't pick from looking at the map. When we walked / were on bus, so many places we thought, that looks nice, like to stay there! Actually, being near HH is probably the worse place, as you don't get to experience the rest of it... if you like peacefulness, golf / water views, and enjoy a quiet walk.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I please ask a favour of anyone there in a one or two bed villa right now?

Are the freezer sections tall enough to stand the refillable cups upright in? My DD's want to take their slushy makers,which are just a bit taller than the Disney cups, and I can't remember if the freezer is big enough.

Thanks! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Glad you had a great time at OKW, we arrive towards the end of August, will have 6 nights on International Drive first.

I had originally booked SSR and was disappointed we had to change to OKW, we need a second proper bed, but really looking forward to it now.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Frizzbomb View Post
Can I please ask a favour of anyone there in a one or two bed villa right now?

Are the freezer sections tall enough to stand the refillable cups upright in? My DD's want to take their slushy makers,which are just a bit taller than the Disney cups, and I can't remember if the freezer is big enough.

Thanks! x
I'll have a look when we get up and let you know! xx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 'OHANA View Post
I'll have a look when we get up and let you know! xx
Thank you! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread