Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 06, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post

$210 for one night in RPR, to get FOTL passes ... good deal?

Ok just got a quote to stay just one night at the Royal pacifc. Mailny just to get the fast pass type things, so there is no queuing. Is this a good deal ? anyone used the fast pass things,i it worth the cost or not. We are already in a villa, so this is an aditional expense. Any thoughts please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 06, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

It is a lovely Hotel. During our last stay in a villa in 2004 we stayed for one night at the RPR in the middle of our holiday, the FOTL access is great and well worth it. Are you a member of the AA ?, if so then you might be able to get a decent discount on your $210 price (about $50 - $60 discount) also you will get 10% off most things ( food and merchandise) in the park by showing your membership card. In fact it would probably pay to take out the cheapest AA membership if you are not already a member as I believe you can also get discounts at seaworld as well if you're visiting there.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 06, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Fotl pass worth its weight in gold...

one night stay will give you two full days

You will love the freedom to go on rides as often as you wish well worth the money

Were staying 5 nights at Royal Pacific in August
Old 21 Mar 06, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Funnily enough I was looking at this yesterday too.

I would say that it depends on the size of your party and the cost of Universal Express Tickets for the days you had in mind. UET are not as good as FOTL as they should only be used once per ride however from what I have read it is very rare for this to be checked once you have them. The dates I was looking at UET were $35 pp per day and we would need 4 - so for 2 days it would cost us $280 vs the convenience of a room (being able to swim in pool etc.) and def FOTL access for $305.

Either way is a big additional expense though and I am not sure if it is actually needed as we will be baby swapping/single riding the bigger rides due to our children being young. Single rider lines are oft-times faster than the Express lines.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 06, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Gosh Hal - $35 each! I wonder if it depends how far in advance you get them? (We're going at similar times, I see) I've got UET passes for IOA for 3rd April and they were $15 each (which is still a fair whack for 5 of us)

Its a shame you can't move them around the family, either, as I've no intention of doing the Hulk or DD but DS and DH would do them all day...
Old 21 Mar 06, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi u can swap the express passes around, theres no signature etc to identify who it belongs too
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 06, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
yes - by juggling our days we can get $20 ones but you snapped up the $15 ones. Even at $20 I am not sure if they are worth it though (depends on the queues though!). I had counselled DW that we should book in to Universal for a few days but she doesn't like moving! (I'll see how much she prefers standing in line for hours instead )

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 06, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

where can you find out how much an express pass would be? is there a link to a site or something that would give me the dates and prices?
Old 21 Mar 06, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CBR600
where can you find out how much an express pass would be? is there a link to a site or something that would give me the dates and prices?
Click here.

When I looked into it by rejigging our days to visit Universal from April 6 we could get Universal Express tickets for $20 pp per day for 1 park, or $35 pp per day for 2 parks. (Previous dates would have been $35 per day for 1 park.) Assuming the 2 park option, as there are 4 of us (excl baby) it would have cost us $280 for 2-days. So... I have bitten the bullet and booked a room at Hard Rock for $250 instead - that way we have somewhere to snooze and can have a swim in the pool too. This might be unnecessary expenditure but the downside of an extra £150 vs the alternative of unhappy kids having to queue for ages appears worth it - anyway its done now... and yes I have joined Loews loyalty club, and I still have to pay parking of $10 or $17!

Old 21 Mar 06, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

it probanly also depends when you are going - out of season and going on a thursday/friday the lines are minimal. last sept and this feb we walked straight onto all the rides.
Closed Thread