Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds familiar DS19 and DD16 spend hours in their rooms, they have both seen friends a couple of times but as they did A Levels and GCSEs they’ve been off since mid-June.
I’ve hurt my foot so DD has to walk the dog, he’s used to going out with me early morning so get whiny waiting for her to get up but at least it means dd gets up and out!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

My DD15 moves about the house but always with something to watch either on the phone, laptop or occasionally the tv.

To be fair she has met up with different friends a couple of days a week so far & will come out with me when I ask her.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Week 1 was holiday - so not home, out all day every day.
Week 2 was get back in touch with friends after holiday time - not home, out every day
Week 3 so far has been mixed - some in , some out.

2 girls - DD17 and 18
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

I love reading these threads.

I have a 4 year old daughter and they make me look so forward to her growing up.

It sounds so fun having teenagers

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Makes me relived reading this thread. My ds 14 has barley been seen. He is alive and the internet is getting hammered with him and the xbox. Food goes and occasionally there is a rush to the toilet but other than that they don't really meet up in bodily form!
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
Mine got his exams results yesterday and as Nandos were doing free chicken for anyone who could show their results, he and a friend headed out, they ended up getting the 2.20pm train into town as it took all morning to organise.
This sounds exactly like what my DS would do, he loves his Nando’s!

DS 14 was at a basketball camp in Cumbria all last week which he had a ball! They put loads of photos and videos on fb so we could see what he was up to. This week he’s been in while we’ve been at work but he’s been resting and icing his sore knees so has needed it. Next week DH is off so they’ll be out an about and I’m off the last week in August so we’ll make some plans then.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Some things never change then- I was almost always in my room as a teen. Either sleeping or on my PC. I quite happily went out when we went into town or to do something.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBelle1105 View Post
Seriously though, Do teenagers actually go out anymore?

We live in a rural area and his school is 25 minutes away, and most of his friends are dotted around the county. I always offer to take him but he's probably met friends twice so far.

Possibly a boy thing?
Best thread title of the month award

Disney332
Old 7 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Noooooooooo! Teenagers needs fresh air and exercise 😜😜
16, 13 & 6 year olds in this house and we go out everyday rain or shine. Unless the older two are out with friends they come with us.
They may huff and puff at first and ask if they can stay in but they soon turn into big kids after ten mins of being out!
We visited an old maze, they moaned and said why do I want to do that, how boring etc etc. The older two set off 5 minutes before us but we still beat them to the middle, we could hear them laughing and shouting this way! No that way! It took them an hour 😂😂 then donkey backs through the woods.
Racing up the steps at the top of rivington. Ice cream at the seaside.
They love it, even if we are only out 4 hours at least they have blown off steam. Then they can hide in their rooms lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
georgina
Serious Dibber

georgina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My 13 yr old, has been out of her room for food that's about it 14 & 16 yr old rarely in as they have been out with friends and at clubs. All different