Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband used to get so wound up playing FIFA, so much so he actually stopped playing it as he was concerned about the amount of anger he would feel playing it haha...I just used to stay away from him.

My brother in law was even worse and once launched his controller out of his bedroom window.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
My husband is 34 and he’s the same. I can be in the bath or in bed and I can hear him effing and jeffing at his console. He actually woke me up at midnight one night with it, even though he was downstairs and I was upstairs in bed, and I completely lost my head with him. It drives me completely insane. We’re looking to move house and I would LOVE to find a house with a garage, detached from the house, which has a lounge/den of sorts above. He’d be relegated to that space for his games and I could enjoy my house in peace.
Doesn’t sound like much of a marriage is he limiting his time on the game? I was like him at that age I nearly lost my wife to it these games are so addictive and they are getting worse. It’s the tip of the iceberg. Games are designed to drip feed you adrenaline and it’s a hard to leave buzz.

Old 21 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Doesn’t sound like much of a marriage is he limiting his time on the game? I was like him at that age I nearly lost my wife to it these games are so addictive and they are getting worse. It’s the tip of the iceberg. Games are designed to drip feed you adrenaline and it’s a hard to leave buzz.
Thank you for your uninvited, unnecessary and, fortunately, inaccurate assessment of my marriage.
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
My son was the same.

I used to struggle with electronic tennis, where the blip is reflected to each side of the screen. My gaming skills have remained at the same level.

Disney332
I remember they used to play the tennis game on crackerjack. I was so jealous I never thought I would have the chance to play anything like that.
Vinniecat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

My DH has just said he’s off upstairs for an hour on COD whilst I watch silent witness, he’s confused why I’m chuckling at him!

Give it 5 and he’ll be effing and jeffing! It doesn’t really bother me too much as it’s quite a good stress release as he’s got quite a stressful job
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Thankfully mine doesn't have headphones. He plays GTA on PlayStation and Fallout but doesn't shout or swear at the tv
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d never heard of effing and jeffing until this thread. I like it 😂

My husband tends to restrict his time on the PlayStation to before I wake up so he has to be quiet (I’m quite scary if I’ve been woken up) but as soon as he knows I’m awake he doesn’t hold back at it weirdly!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm 32 and I'm still the same now not an angry person in the slightest, however put me on COD, or any competative multiplayer game, and I can swear for England

I think it's just one of those things that happens to all of us 'gamers'
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m 50 and COD is my stress relief.
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yeah me and DH can be the same when we are on the playstation. But then growing up, my dad was the same when he was gaming.

I think it's pretty normal. Things get heated when you are competing. Also I've been playing board games with people who've flipped the board when they've lost so maybe not just limited to playstation/xbox.