Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Cockroaches(this is random)

So I have finally booked some accommodation that has some really good reviews - so far so good! Then I decided to google the building to look at other apartment reviews to get other ppls perspective on walking distances and the area ect. This is where the issue is as quite a few of the reports say there are cockroaches in the apartment they were staying(read a few different apartment reviews) and reading ‘I turned the kitchen light on and there were baby cockroaches on the kitchen counter’ doesn’t really appeal . However in the apartment I currently have booked there is no mention of any. Now as you can imagine this has totally put me off as I can’t see how it would be possible to have cockroaches in only some of the apartments as the way I see it is if they are in the building they must be everywhere in the building. Any advice and would you stay there
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If it has a chance of cockroaches I'm not staying there. I'm surprised you need to ask really ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If it has a chance of cockroaches I'm not staying there. I'm surprised you need to ask really ...
I know but I really like the accommodation . It’s taken me ages to find something right! I suppose I was hoping someone would say no it’s fine it will be just confined to those rammy rooms yours will be just beautiful
Thank you for bringing me back to reality
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ok
Cockroaches Palamento Beetles 9( big big cockroaches ) are part and parcel of Flight ride life the odd live one more than likely it sneaked in with you especially on a ground floor apartment hotel room or villa yes the come right in uninvited when you bring the cases in the sgphoping in everybody' but mums in the car and the door is open
If the are dead pest control is working
The odd one he's sneaked in
All I very The kitchen bathrooms at night when you put a light on pest control needs to be out to fix it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some people look after their apartments and have the pest control on a regular basis and so don't have problems, which is maybe what happens to the apartment you want to rent... If there is no bad reviews then i would be happy to rent it... And i am really a wus about roaches...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
Some people look after their apartments and have the pest control on a regular basis and so don't have problems, which is maybe what happens to the apartment you want to rent... If there is no bad reviews then i would be happy to rent it... And i am really a wus about roaches...
Yes the thought of roaches running around at night is awful but all their reviews were really good!
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Cockroaches don’t bother me, but then I work with them. For me if there were loads while I was there I would ask for pest control, but otherwise the odd one or two would not bother me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a villa. Cockroaches were in the garage but none got into the actual villa.
I’m sure that in Florida these horrid little things are so common I’m not sure how anyone could stop them completely if one managed to get in.
But then you’d get the pest control out
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a phobia about cockroaches. If there was a mention of them I could not stay there. I know they are common in Florida but it doesn’t make me fell any better lol
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have stayed In many villas/apartments where cockroaches have been! It’s only usually one or two... I absolutely hate them though. Tricky one! I’d be apprehensive and probably avoid it but I know my mum and dad wouldn’t let it bother them !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List